YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,057 REPLIES 1,057

DaveStar_856006
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My iPad. Intuitive to use. Convenient to use on the go. Can be paired with my iPhone to get on line wherever/whenever. Great for music production via “GarageBand” free app.

TashBur_1380058
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my iPhone 12 Pro Max as the screen is extra large so I’m able to watch certain shows whilst using other applications ! Camera is AMAZING volume is pretty good and the design is on point !!

Vaguey
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am a big Apple fan; I love the way my iPad, iPhone, iWatch and Mac all sync seamlessly!

ColinMc_1698812
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The iPad is brilliant.  From helping me keep in touch on the move to entertaining the kids and helping with school work during lockdown, I couldn't manage without it. 

PaulSmi_1490369
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My iPad , after my TV remote, is my most favorite gadget… ideal for streaming films .. 👍🏻👍🏻

Vernesa_1652194
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Lenovo Yogabook. It has a built in drawing pad for the inner artist in me. The charging port could be updated though as it currently carries a micro usb port, C-charging or wireless would be so much better.

dezohash
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Features I would like to see in mobile technology (smartphones) in the future!

1. Under display selfie camara smartphones.
2. Powerful AI assistant (more advanced features than current AI)
3. Powerful and high capacity nano tech batteries.
4. Highly secured bio matric features.
5. Innovative Medical Apps.

Overall, the future of mobile technology is exciting and it will be interesting to see how these features will change the way we use and interact with our mobile devices.

DamianDr_458409
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

What do you love most about your current devices? Main things are decent camera, display and IP68 rating.

What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? Razor flip but not costing >£1000

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? Fully integrated home controls through voice commands that work.

RichieB_1449077
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? The capacity to throw the screen of my iphone onto my mac and continue with all of the phone's functionality on my computer screen.

GaryRai_1537948
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

As a senior citizen passswords being remember on my phone is a  very valuable asset for me.

also like screen shots as a bonus.

KiefaHow_329019
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • I love my Samsung Galaxy S9, as its a large screen, but the perfect size to comfortably hold. Its super quick, with a decent camera, that I have taken some cherished photos with.
  •  
  • I would like to see the classic ipod updated with a high res screen, as a novelty.
  •  
  • Id like to see more AR features, greater graphics cards for gaming, and a phone made out of graphene that cant be broken or cracked when dropped.

TRACEYWH_309893
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What I like most about my Honor 10 lite is the blinking led light that let's me know when I have a message or missed call. I love this feature! 

Annalisa_857360
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a Nokia 3.1. I like the fact that Android system upgrades are guaranteed for 3 years, so I don't fall behind. In the future I'd love to see zero-waste phones that can be easily repaired, made of recycled material, with parts that can be easily replaced 

tili_tili
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love how great photos and videos I can take with my current phone.

DevanSh_1163165
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie
  • most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

My current mobile is a

Samsung S6, it is very old and hardly works as I can’t afford an upgrade due to cost of living. I really need a new phone.

Classic phone to be updated

I would love a folding phone with a big screen and a fast mobile

Future features

Instead of answering the mobile I can see through the case who is ringing me-

Say yes/no to answer

Or

If I move left the phone will answer

Or

If I move right the phone call will be rejected

The new mobile will beep and vibrate every             5 seconds if it is away from me, so I don’t forget it or if I drop it by mistake leave fone on silent in the library/doctors

The new mobile will tell me every hour how much battery power is left

The new mobile will beep every 5 minutes and vibrate to states the alarm/timer will go of shortly

The mobile if the alarm or timer goes off-I can speak to it they pressing stop or cancel

I can say          I lost my mobile-The mobile will ring to location the lost mobile is.

The mobile has gps built in-I can track my mobile on the internet  with my mobile telephone number-If someone steals my mobile

PetarGl_1322929
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? It is second-hand and works as new
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? EncroChat, End-to-end encryption where no one can tap in, even the ex!
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech? Retro classic phones become updated with today's functionality! (i.e. V70)

Ralphadonna
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love my iPad. I watch shows in any room and when I am travelling.

LesleySc_558784
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • My phone is a NOKIA G51 and the battery lasts up to a week.
  • I would love to see a motherboard for desktop computers that comes with an adaptor so you can fit diffrent processors in, (say an AMD socket AM4 with a converter to Intel or similar) can the big companies not agree on a pin out number for each generation going forward?
  • For future tech I would like to see all the mobile network providers offering to share their networks for free with each other - we would be able to reduce the number of masts or increase bandwidth and speed, have better signal and more coverage. 

EDi
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech... I love my smart watch. Tracking my exercise and checking my texts with just a sneaky glance at my wrist is great! 

If I could design anything it would be to have solar/motion powered smart watches and phones. Charging them is a pain, not to mention expensive. And thinking of the bigger sustainable saving energy picture 🌍 It would be awesome xx

BarbaraC_775011
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would just love  a homing  device on my phone as i am forever putting it down and. Forgetting where i put it down ..   Love the large battery and quick charge 

RichardB_999908
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The thing I would like to see with future tech, are sustainable ‘modular’ built devices, which can be easily and cheaply upgraded without the need to purchase a whole new device. So that when newer more powerful systems are made, the old module can be removed, refurbished/recycled and a new up to date module inserted. Similar to changing a battery.

RuthOld_1638622
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Definitely my kindle oasis. I couldn’t get to sleep without it 😴

HayleyE_1659739
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My Kindle is my favourite bit of tech. I can take it anywhere and read and even buy a new book in the click of a few buttons. It's also eco friendly/low carbon footprint so win win! 🙂 

M0930
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I like to use my samsung a22 to play games and do schoool stuff and chatting to and i can use it for many other stuff

Dharmen_1223281
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my iPhone. It’s always there for me. As simple as that. 

MarkLip_1572679
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Fingerprint recognition makes life so easy 

Akhtar_663141
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

What i love about my Iphone is that i can print my docs at a click of a button. Do online shopping and read books. Also the camera quality is FaB. In future i would like to see the fingerprint feature again as this is no longer available on newer iphones.

JeromeH_1538830
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

What I love most about my current devices is that they all work together seamlessly (Apple IOS) so my iPhone, iPad, iWatch, Apple TV and Mac all talk to each other.  I can also start something on one device and then carry it over to another. 

ManuelFer7004
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I currently love and own my Samsung Galaxy A52 because it's cheap and has some tech that you'd normally find on their high range phone series. The one classic device I'd like to see updated is Samsung S4 Zoom because it's a funny looking phone and it can be updated to the latest tech in terms of its camera lens that zooms out and turns into a professional camera. A feature that I'd like to see in the future is phones that can last longer than 5 years and phones that can be rebuild easily by replacing the old tech with new one with a few easily removable parts. 

ManuelFer7004
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I currently love my Samsung Galaxy A52 because it's cheap and has some tech that you'd normally find on their high range phone series. The one classic device I'd like to see updated is Samsung S4 Zoom because it's a funny looking phone and it can be updated to the latest tech in terms of its camera lens that zooms out and turns into a professional camera. A feature that I'd like to see in the future is phones that can last longer than 5 years and phones that can be rebuild easily by replacing the old tech with new one with a few easily removable parts. 

Foolish_938344
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Camera - now when I'm out and about I can capture anything I want. Being able to connect to the www seamlessly while out and about is awesome

RobSpark_524442
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I would love mobile tech to be able to relay information, map routes and video features directly to the eyes via a connected pair of glasses to a small area of the lens allowing the tech to communicate whilst you carry on with your normal daily tasks.

ColinHu_1728857
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love that i can listen to music 24/7 anywhere i want to

Sadcadaver
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung A10 tablet, even though it's getting old now. I can watch films, shows or YouTube in bed, and it's convenient.

I'd like phones in the future to act like tricorders in Star trek, so you can just scan yourself when you're feeling ill!

AgnesBa_1725208
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my kindle paperwhite, can take it anywhere, read books or any documents I need

CarlosGo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like to see some of the future features of mobile phones to include shatterproof screens, a universal charging port e.g. USB-C, a week long battery life, a secure way to both hold and operate the phone one handed, and a voice controlled camera function for zooming, exposure, focus and to take the actual picture itself (for both front and back cameras).  

CharltonCardeno
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Poco F3 as it packs a lot of features for a fraction of a price like 120hz refresh rate, great camera for my usage. I'd like to see Nokia come up new technology as they dominate the market before Iphone was a thing. For future features, I would like to see a battery that would last a smartphone for 2r hours just like the old days wherein you do not have to charge everyday.

PeterWh_1550878
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Samsung galaxy M30s and the Fingerprint login which seems so many Apps are now supporting (I just want SMARTY to figure out why I can't receive text messages from certain people - like my Doctors! 

RonnieMa_777889
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

All tech is great but if there is no connectivity it is not much use, got to say my favorite in recent times would be my 30GB SMARTY Sim which provides a network connection for all devices in my car and also an effective backup for my home connection should it not be available for any reason

AlanD
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my iPhone SE 2022, it's small, has fingerprint recognition, which is seamless for logging into online banking apps, a good enough camers for me, and the battery life is good (when I turned off 5G!)