YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,057 REPLIES 1,057

przm
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What do I love most about my current devices? The fact that I'm completely independent and can work, connect with people, and have fun from anywhere with the fraction of the cost.

What classic device would I like to see updated? - All of the one worthy updates were incorporated into todays smartphones and smartwatches.

What future features would I like to see from mobile tech? - definitely ChatGPT function but also design which makes them easy to repair. This way I'd be happy to spend more on my tech if I knew that my device won't just die after 2.1 years.

Stephen_1669131
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my Pixel 6a phone. Always been at the budget end of the market until now and it was well worth the 'upgrade' to mid-range. Billy Wizz performance all in a compact format.

Mathemagic
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I love my battered old HP 17" laptop. I bought it just over 6 years ago and have used it a lot since. Over the years I've doubled the memory and upgraded the hard drive and it is still going strong - well, apart from the worn track pad, and that a small group of keys on the left only work intermittently, but a spare normal keyboard balanced on top and a mouse to the side solve that! It is the tech equivalent of Trigger's broom from Only Fools and Horses for those old enough to remember that reference!

I will probably have to get a new one soon, but will be sad to see it go as we've been through so much together!

Glider
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the picture quality of the OLED screen on my Samsung phone.

Shane202405
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Ipad, it was one of the best bits of tech I ever bought. I got an Apple Pencil with it and use sketch software with an uploaded cross-stitch pattern, which I colour as I go along to keep track of where I'm at. 

VanessaL_201454
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i love sketching on my ipad

Sally-A_1703168
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my smart phone, currently th Galaxy A12. I couldn't live without it. I have autism and adhd and it really helps me manage things in my life from helping me with all my current hobbies, finding ways to relax and to use as a learning tool, and ordering my medication when i need it. I would be so lost without my smart phone and it helps me navigate my life that much easier. The only thing I would wish for is longer battery life.

K_1313438
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Future tech rarely seen but swiftly advancing.. solar charging faceplates and covers. Be nice for your phone to charge while you're out being active on a sunny day!

ScottHa_1449151
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Doogee V20 because its a rugged phone waterproof huge battery and night vision camera.

This is a phone I will be able to keep for years

HaykalA
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

A classic device id like to see updated is the Samsung galaxy beam. It would be nice to see a fully functioning and polished 2023 version of it. 

Chemsy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy A90 5G, which is a step up from my iphone 7, and i love how well it performs when taking on multiple tasks, or when I'm gaming.

I also love the 5G aspect.

That plus being with Smarty are an epic mix for me, as I used to spend upwards of 150 pounds a month on data, (I use a minimum of 800GB of data per month, and had a 4TB Data total usage on my iphone 7 haha) and thanks to the 5G, I can get so much more done, with much more efficiency and it's a godsend, especially for someone who is unable to get broadband/wifi.

I haven't been fortunate enough to have many phones in my 26 years, so it's a bit difficult for me to answer, but if I had to pick a classic device I'd like to see updated, I think it would be "older devices" as a whole. Wouldn't it be great to be able to update some of the old tech that we have lying around in draws and such? 

One can dream....

As for future features, I'd love to see more ways of accessing the internet for those who aren't always able to afford to, as I know what it's like to be in dire need at critical points in life, and to have to suffer due to lack of support/funds. 

R

JohnWalkden
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

For any older person all the tech devices that speak, listen and allow communication with others, it’s like the original Star Trek series come true - communicators = smart phones, the ships computer = Alexa etc

PaulWil_1431741
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my Samsung S20FE5G as it is best value for money for all the features I needed.

JoeSiri_1081126
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my ankle safety light. Helps me from being run over my white van men. 😁

AaronPa_1691479
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My iPhone and iPad are very easy to use and about as good as you get p

Ronzo
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Favourite tech samsung tablet s8 ultra

Benjamin_588172
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What do you love most about your current devices? Accessibility aids like double tap on the back to activists features.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)? Nokia Ngage

AbbyCraw_645870
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love Polaroid cameras and if it was possible to add that kind of tech in to a high quality camera/ phone that would be my ideal peice of equipment 

thomasba_101861
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I love magic erase on my photo... Getting rid of strange things in the background of my shots is awesome!

PennyNu_1679601
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Would absolutely love to see the classic Nokia 6210 revamped and updated for a general, easy to use classic phone with more power, upgraded screen etc...

Such a classic 

geistcode
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It’s a Bank in your Pocket! Trade crypto, watch films and blast music to drown out the background noise. Take a few snaps, jolt some notes and follow the gps maps towards your goals.

Removable battery please. No more bricks.

And less surveillance, no secret infra-red snapshots every 10 seconds from Apple iPhones, but what can you do? They want to know everything about you, and bill you for it. Next thing you know it’ll be the Mark of the Beast with a nanochip in your right hand! You are the product, not the phone.

FionaMcC_330995
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Samsung S21fe for ease of use, size * battery life. I would love to see the Nokia 3210 updated to present technology. Better connectivity between different media platforms would be a great future feature.

BenMitc_1524162
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What do you love most about your current devices?
    My iPhone 12 Pro because of the amazing camera, great sharp lenses, brilliant processing of night pics and wide angle lens

Michael_1341711
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Alcatel tablet , cheap and can be used as a phone too.

OliverC_1257156
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the ease of use of my current phone 

In the future, I would like a 100x optical zoom on a phone camera 

CobraCol
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite tech thing has to be my Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G 512GB. It's really quick, has plenty of storage and can run all the apps I need to work and play with ease. I love the S Pen - I can make rapid handwritten notes which can be converted to type and I can sign forms effectively, too. Also, Samsung devices seem to hold their value better than many other manufacturers' devices so when I come to sell the tablet, so long as there's no damage, I know I can get a fair price for it. 5*.

Colin Evans

KirsteeH_626263
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Being able to keep connected with family and friends whilst I'm overseas especially when signal is non existant. 

To have a great camera for the memories as well as a long lasting battery. 

about_a_year
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What I'd like to see from mobile tech in the future: over-the-air charging 💨

Archerysteve
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

20 years ago my phone just made calls.... now it's my goto camera, my bank, my video call interaction device when I am away, it's my TV, it's my music player, my DVD player, my dictionary, my weather forecaster, my local shop that can sell me anything in the world, my PC, my travel agent, in fact the only thing it doesn't do is "beam me up" - will there be an app that does that soon ?

Nicolle_1305344
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Would just love a new phone to show off for once with a bit more tech added to it and better picture quality .

AlexWhib_333490
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the convenience of Face ID it makes logging in to your apps a breeze.

ValeriuM_307935
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like the fact that you can control most of the devices in home wirelessly.

I kind of miss the good old CD player days! I wish I could reinvent it so that it will still be a thing today!

I wish all devices would have more battery life! 

JamieHo_1047136
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Camera quality for when I fly my drone for wildlife video as well as video calling my girls 😁

JayA_36169
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My moto phone has gestures to turn on the camera and flashlight. I love it use them literally every day. I'd love for more gestures to be implemented on more phones, they make life so easy! 

Dom_Wynn1111
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd like to see a snap out triangular shaped wedge (or something similar) at the back of the phone to enable the phone to stand up like a picture for both portrait & landscape viewing.

SylviaD_1659821
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love being able to take photos with my phone and having them transfer to my tablet and desktop  to view and adjust.

LloydOS1170429
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
    Bring back a new version of the Sinclair C5

JamesNo_1462676
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my iphone as it allows me to do all my emails and online stuff on the mooove; plus the smarty network is decent priced for data too!

JeanCol_1417528
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love the calendar on my phone/iPad…the ability to sync and save appointments, and then send me a reminder….magic !!

Shanter
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

An iPhone. I was a many years Android user, and once tried and iPhone, it changed everything. I love having everything in one handheld device and being able to access every bit of information and my every file from anywhere in the world.