YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,071 REPLIES 1,071

HazelPa_1537815
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Alexa, she never ceases to amaze me with her knowledge and usefulness 

KieranHay_85451
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bit of tech would be my phone samsung galaxy A52s 5G as I use my phone alot and I can also play my pc and xbox games on my phone too

KevinDod_146820
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my iPad obv powered with a smarty SIM so I can do all I want with no restrictions or worry . 

MandeepK_510011
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like to see the classic typewriter updated with modern technology, such as a touchscreen display and the ability to save and edit documents digitally. This would allow for the traditional tactile experience of typing on a mechanical keyboard to be combined with the convenience and versatility of digital documents.

Chwill
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my vintage omnichord because it allows me to create music without having to manually create chords and beats and it’s just pretty neat sounding, the ukulele of synths I say. I’d love a modern rerelease of the omnichord as it being a collectors item it’s hard to recommend to other musicians, also it’s just pretty neat. For future features I think sideloading on iOS would be neat, I’d love to install user created virtual instruments, few exist on the App Store and they’re expensive already so I think that’d open up a pretty neat community 

Nick1955
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Great prize

Leon_9982
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my laptop even though it's a underpowered one, it enables me to do mediocre levels of video editing and gaming while drawing less than 70 watts of power, I usually have it running all the time to render stuff and it helps that it doesn't fork up my electricity bill much 

It's a thin and light but I love it so much and it'll be a pain in the arse to switch to another 🙂

Anne1543349
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Love my Apple Watch for fitness. It tracks all my steps and records my cycles. Really great for staying motivated to work out! 

BENWILD_1246778
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung S10 and Samsung tab S7 I love how they work together and can save on one device and pick up on the other. I love media like watching films, YouTube Disney plus so need a great screen and sound. I also play Xbox game pass with a controller on my tablet. So I love the HRD and Dolby Atmos sound on the devices. I am also in to photography so the camera really matters on my phone also. I would love a newer phone with better quality in low light situations and for some night photography.  So like many I use my phone and tablet for multiple uses a good screen sound and camera are important to me. 

KevinDod_146820
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Love my iPad thanks to smarty I can do anything on it with no data restrictions lag

DanishH_1685755
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current device I possess is an iPhone XR, I enjoy using the multi feature uses on the camera option, I love the smooth scrolling as this gives the phone a finished touch, giving its multi colour choice coral, black, blue and yellow this could give people various choices on which colour they would like. A gadget I’d love to see in the future would be flying cars, for sure it sounds childish but hey, years ago we predicted there would be but there isn’t any currently to my knowledge, flying cars could replace aeroplanes and could give us a more advanced capability of transportation. Future features for mobile tech I would recommend is unlimited charge, I suggest there should be something that allows phone to never run out of charge since this could benefit humans in everyday life meaning if they needed to call someone, they could because their phone died, if they needed to message, they could not because their phone died. Many people request for unlimited battery but this could also be a drawback to power sources for phones and may leave damage.  

ChrisLeo53
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my Redmi 11. It provides everything I need, both for work and leisure. The best feature for me is the music player, which makes my long commute tolerable.

KevinDickinson
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Currently using iPhone. 
What  I like about it the most is the simplicity to use and reliability. i would like to see mobile tech start to use augmented reality as part of day y to I day use, together with information based on location. Eg if I’m at a place of interest automatically identify that based on location tracking and offer further info. Info could include Augmented reality which could for example show me what the location looked like in the past.  Not in an app but built into phone as standard. 

PlamenDu_710419
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I mostly like the cameras in the new smartphones. Fast charging is also superb. I would like to see more and more production of Phillip smartphones. For me, they are compact to carry and more convenient to use. more new functions for connecting to other tablets and computers and monitors from the smartphone, regardless of whether they are of the same brand and manufacturer.

mr2tone
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bot of tech would have to be my Xbox Series X! I've been a gamer since 1981 and can't get enough

MandeepK_510011
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like to see mobile technology continue to improvein areas such as Artificial intelligence and machine learning, to make devices more intelligent and personalised to the user. Battery life, to make devices last longer on a single charge. Security and privacy, to protect user data and information from being compromised.

Chwill
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my vintage Omnichord OM27, it allows me to create music without having to play the chords manually and create beats, not only that but it makes music in general more simple but still elaborate enough for musicians to create masterpieces on it, also it just sounds pretty neat. I’d love to see it remastered at some point as there’s a large community already involved with the omnichord and with it being such a pricey collectors item it allows more people to join the community. I’d love to see sideloading on iOS become a thing. I’m a large fan of user created virtual instruments, few exist on the App Store and the ones that do are fairly pricey so it allows the community to thrive openly 🙂

AndrewB_1755210
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

I thonk the smartphone/future mobile tech could, in the future, dramatically reduce pressures on the health services by monitoring the ouser’s key signs, auto diagnosing everyday illness and conditions and precribing treatment meds without even requiring patients to visit doctors, hospitals or clinics; thereby leaving health professionals to focus on more serious conditions. 

Luiz
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love all my devices, just wish they would interact better with each other, like my mobile with my watch with my ear buds with my tablet and my smart speaker. Come on, AI! just understand what I want on which device I want before I need to spell it out.

DeleolaS_250366
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  1. What I love most about my current devices is the camera.  It has an excellent camera.  2. The classic device I wile to see updated is the Motorola Aura.  3  The best feature I will like to see on a phone Tech is a phone that you can change the colour of the phone case to any  pre-program colours from the phone

Mohamme_1432206
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love the accessibility features on my Huawei P30 and the camera is simply amazing. It has really great battery life too! 

JRVO1997
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love it and great phone too very good photos.

CFC386072
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

One thing missing from modern devices is a good battery life. Miss my old Nokia that could run a week on a single charge. That would be a great update for modern phones.

PeterDab_729396
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'm a big fan of my Megaboom waterproof Bluetooth speaker. Being able to use my data on the wonderful Smarty network I get great sound wherever I am and whatever I am doing.

Jithesh_1528209
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • I would like to see augmented reality technology implemented with smartphone calls with handsfree enabled. So our calls will be more live and it will help online learning students to feel classroom experiences at the comfort of home.

Gazzasbeer
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my one plus pro 10. Brilliant phone with excellent battery life. Used to love my old Nokia,but now old tech.

Mohamme_1432206
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I love the accessibility features on my Huawei P30. The battery life is good and the camera is simply amazing! 

JuliaPa_1032723
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favorite tech gear is xbox one. With it, I can watch movies from various applications, play dance games with kinect, listen to music or audiobooks. I love this spraymy favorite tech gear is xbox one. With it, I can watch movies from various applications, play dance games with kinect, listen to music or audiobooks. i love this tech. Always a nice time ☺️😁

MartynChi_83785
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a Redmi Note 9 pro. I got it for a really good price before Xiaomi were as well known. I was really impressed with this model from the start. The fingerprint detector is on the start button, really handy: it's as fast as I need with an excellent camera. The slot holds a big memory card and 2 SIMs. Battery life and recharge times made my previous Asus look rather shabby. But the best bit is the upgrades and support from Xiaomi. Last month I got an Android upgrade to 12 and Xiaomi's own version upped to 13. Not the latest but if a company supports it's customers, like Smarty does, I'm sticking with it. This model was launched in 2020.

RickyCor_543107
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would love to see the return of the Nokia 3310. Imagine that phone with todays technology! Would be the greatest phone in history! 

thegreenman42
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current favourite piece of tech is the DJI Mini 3 Pro i use for work. It's so light you can fly it vitually anywhere then transfer the pictures wirelessly to your phone. 

I would like to see the old style click wheel ipod  updated and returned. I don't need screenshot for music just storage and use ability 

euroboy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A NOKIA smartphone would be amazing to see! A twist on classic tech meets modern day….

BENWILD_1246778
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung S10 and sanding tab S7 and love how I can save documents on one and pick up on the other. I love to listen to music and watch films. I also play Xbox game pass on my tablet and phone with a controller. So it's important to me to have a great screen and great sound. I love the HDR and Dolby Atmos for this reason and especially love the sound quality of the speakers in the tablet so I don't have to use headphones.  I use my phone camera all the time too and an in to photography. So a great camera with better low light feature would really help. Also photo and video editing software included with some premium features would be great in a phone. 

I have Xbox S 

euroboy
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A NOKIA smartphone would be a great twist on classic meets modern tech…

Mathemagic
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I love my battered old 17" laptop - I bought it just over 6 years ago and have upgraded the memory and hard drive. It still works fine, well, if you ignore the worn track pad and that the group of keys on the left only intermittently, but a mouse to the side and a normal keyboard balanced on top means it is still good to use! It could almost be the tech equivalent of Trigger's broom from Only Fools and Horses!

I think I will have to replace it soon, but it has served me so well over these years.

AK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'd love to see the PSP updated - I loved that machine. Perhaps a approach like the nintendo switch, with docking options too.

Globalbeast
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

• Improved AI-based personal assistants, which can be integrated into the phone's operating system to provide more personalized and efficient interactions.

Lorraine_779366
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung note 20 ultra its great for watching stuff on it and the pen is great when you have sore fingers and it's nice bright screen

GraceMar_625797
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the Face ID feature, but I would love to have a camera quality with more manual options