YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Phone Competition@1x.jpg

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE

The competition is now closed and we are pleased to announce that 

YulianK_0-1683108219653.png

@about_a_year  is the winner.

Congratulations @about_a_year; check your private messages and reply with your address. 

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow. 

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions. 

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours.

So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over a thousand posts since the launch at the start of the year. You have all helped make the fledgling Community a great success and we look forward to more and greater engagement as we grow.

Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

To celebrate the launch of the SMARTY Community, we are giving you the chance to win a new Honor Magic 4 lite smart phone.

How to enter

To enter the Prize Draw, entrants will need to log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the “Let us know about your favourite bit of tech” article, during the promotion period.

The draw is open from 16th January 2023 until 28th February 2023.

Please answer at least one of the following questions:

• What do you love most about your current devices?
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
  • What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

The Prize

honor-magic-4-lite-5g-6128gb-negro-libre_11612326_46330944.png

• Key Features of the Honor Magic 4 lite include:
  • 120Hz Screen Refresh Rate
  • 6nm Snapdragon 695 5G Soc - High Performance, Low Power Consumption
  • 66W HONOR SuperCharge - Have 81% Power in Half an Hour
  • 4800mAh Large Battery - A Big Battery Boosts Your Whole Day
  • HONOR RAM Turbo - RAM Extended, Smooth Experience
  • 48MP Rear Triple Camera - Capturing Vivid Moments

https://www.hihonor.com/uk/phones/honor-magic4-lite/

Closing date is 28th February 2023 and we will inform the winner by direct message on site by 7th March 2023.

The SMARTY Community Terms of Use apply to your registration for and use of the SMARTY Community platform. Competition terms can be found here.

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

Alister_1394618
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love myGalaxyA21s , I can share with my tablet and it has never let me down so far

GerardO_1397016
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my device as all media is in the palm of your hand 

Michael_1341711
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my Alcatel tablet as it will go in my pocket and can be used as a phone too.

Jonatha_1759863
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Improved battery life and more resilient batteries. 

Currently Face ID is brilliant 

SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Q1 - my Samsung tab 6s lite is amazing for writing uni notes on, but I have to say my Amazon Alexa echo dot is my favourite, helps me when watching lectures, as is amazing for quick definitions, and helps me to revise with classical music and chill with the radio 😁

Michael_1341711
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Alcatel tablet as I got it free and can use it as a phone too.

Vexed
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that my iPhone pairs easily to my other devices so I can copy something on my phone and paste it on my Mac and so on.  

IanWhew_1648053
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Finger print sign in is great

DuncanJ_1322886
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would love to see phone cameras continue to develop, so an SLR is no longer required. 

LisaGrin_168371
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love that there is no limit on tethering, because I live on my own I use my phone to tether to my firestick and don't have any costly bills of having to have a telephone line or broadband. 

bwoo
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
    Today, even budget devices have enough RAM and decent enough processors that sluggish UIs are no longer a problem.
  • What classic device would you like to see updated (if technology issues were no problem)?
    The ability to use a mobile phone as a modem for dial up networking to access BBS's (those that aren't accessible over the internet).
    ChatGPT integrated.

What I love about my device and the tech it allows it the ability to tether to my firestick. No costly phone or broadband bills.

BarashH_1565634
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone as I can do everything on it. 

Ravinde_1400733
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I like my laptop, it’s thin and light and can easily go in handbag and perfect for working with the advantage of the large clear screen.

Anthony_1412314
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would like to see devices with a much longer lifespan. My handset is in excellent condition but as as android security updates have just stopped, I will likely have to dispose of it and buy a new phone. This isnt great as many of us are keeping a watching eye the environment and our finances.

Old mobile phones are not for everyone, and clearly tech companies want us to buy buy buy, but everyone deserves the option to 'make do and mend' if they want to. They could save some money or pass the device on to someone else who really needs it.

In short no more unnecessary short lifespans on tech please. That's my wish.

Anthony_8128
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd like to see mobile devices that are easily user repairable at home. I'm old enough to remember when mobile phones had easily replaceable batteries; I hate the fact that this has become a thing of the past.

AkFa_1591984
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love that my current phone's battery lasts for almost 1.5 days !

isaacben_196414
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I would like to see more solar charging involved with phones so it's always topped up when I'm out and about without having to add it as an accessory 

AkFa_1591984
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love that my phone's battery lasts for almost 1.5 days !

AlanMal_1731963
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It’s my iPad

DG62
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I love my iphone 13, it does everything I need, emails, browsing and using Tomtom in my car with Apple carplay. 
My car also has an app that it is easy to use on my phone

GemmaTho_101102
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the iPhone and how everything is all in one place.

MungoMa_1657948
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • Samsung S22. Great camera, storage and phone size. And much more competitive price! 

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

Buying back old tech. Tempted to try the flip phones! 

FionaCri_508858
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love the fact that all my newer devices “talk” to each other. Would love it if my old iphone2 could work again. Loved it’s look and feel.

most important feature for the future is user safety, built in rather than needing additional software

Sean
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my iPad, not sure now if I can live without it, allows me to do everything I need both in my business and social life.

RobinMa_1367854
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love the ability to stay in touch with friends and family while on the move.  The convenience of entertainment and communication in one package is great. 

AzoraCr_1604967
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Love my Google Pixel 7 it takes amazing pictures which brings me so much delight and joy as I can create amazing memories of my beautiful family.. It would be great to win the honor phone to experience what cool qualities it could bring to my day to day life. 

alanbuxey
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

for my phone (samsung) - whilst size, screen resolution and battery time (and For my games console (PS5) , power and speed for loading games) are great, They just work and dont have annoying issues like some of the other devices and gadgets

the nintendo gamecube had a 'cousin' from panasonic - the Q [Panasonic Q GameCube - (Nintendo SL-GC10-S) . I'd like a Nintendo Switch that could play blueray discs too.   sometimes we have tech that is 'too' tech - eg EV cars - all automatic this, automatic that, electric this, electric that -  perhaps this contributes to the price tag - why cant we have a more 'hands on' EV car - actual rear view mirrors, rather than cameras, manual windows rather than electric,  dials and buttons rather than everything being touch and touchscreen operated?  remove all the bells and whistles - just use an EV drive train , keep everything else on the low-fi (not only far less to go wrong [cars have always had issues with electrics 😉 ] but the battery will last longer since its not powering all these ancillary things)

we seems to have lost several key features of the older phones - eg being able to turn it off and still have the alarm go off when needed - Nokia could do that - ideal if you were away and didnt have power or working charger - and only a few % battery left! -  talking of Battery, battery lifetime of DAYS - if not WEEKS! - each new phone comes out has more CPU/GPU power, bigger, brighter screen etc etc - any battery improvements get swamped by the  tech.  how about balance it, dont have eg 8-core 3GHz CPU - have enough to get job done and realize battery improvements.  oh, stick solar charging onto back of phone so when i leave it screen-down I can charge it in a sunny spot ?    with eg foldable tablets that whole back could be charging it up on sunny days. 

JohnNayl_381394
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Great phone I’ve got

SimonFi_1441481
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It’s so hard to narrow down to one piece of technology, but as a music lover I adore my Apple Music subscription. It allows me to take music with me anywhere I go. (I suppose that means my technology has to be my Iphone!)

Richard_1696373
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1 The Battery  Dos Not Need Charging All The Time. Simple To Use.

Laurenc_1653705
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ok doke....
1:  Favourite bit of tech has to be my Garmin fenix 6 watch.  Out in the hills I can quickly check a topographical map, record my activities, link in other sensors, play music and it'll keep on going for those 100 mile runs.
2:  Classic device to update would be those old film camera, specifically my MPP 4x5 .  If I could cheaply add a sensor it would revitalise some iconic and beautifully engineered cameras of (not too long ago) old.  Perhaps technology in general should veer towards keeping products alive, be it modular design or away from recycling.
3:  I'm playing around with LORA (long range radio) to see if it can track my 'deer'ranged Collie :-), or even me in the mountains?!  These devices can 'mesh' and provide a network and capability of messaging without satellite or phone signal.  It would be amazing to incorporate into a phone that search and rescue or a person could access to help locate things when out of mobile range.

Lucci2lucci
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

When it comes to tech, I use my iPhone to organise and plan i also love that contactless feature which I can use anywhere (Very handy)

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

With smartphones, for me it’s about everything being in one place.  I can access online banking, control my in home technology and play music from my phone to my car, whilst still being able to use my phone as a mobile as a phone.

Bluetooth headphones that support true audiophile sound quality, rather than compressed audio.

For SMARTY, visual voicemail like many competitors now offer.  e-sim support too, as Three now offer this, and it would be nice to have SMARTY in devices like Smart watches.

AdamUnde_192454
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I work in public transport as a trainer and we've just trialed interactove whiteboards with our learners. It's great to have learners using their own devices to interact with materials in a group setting and also to use their devices to capture elements of their training and learning to then upload to their cloud accounts to use as evidence for portfolios.

Being able to use their own devices creates a more relaxed approach as they are familiar with their tech. 

On a personal note, I think nfc and smart device controls are the most used features of my devices. 

Smart watches are also a great invention. 

It would be great if devices were supported by manufacturers for longer. I've a cupboard full of devices that are no longer supported and therefore worth nothing. I often buy refurbished so these devices are no longer desirable after I've had my two/three years use. 

The future of tech is exciting, however, I'm the type of user that values attributes that are genuinely useful and insightful, rather than gimmicky and fashionable. 

StevenH
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my phone as ot is my only outlet to the wider world, not being able to afford Internet at home , I use my Smarty Internet to watch my favourite programs, listen to music see news both local and worldwide etc etc . Being my main outlet the phone I use is getting a little worn out now so I am in the process of looking for an alternative although a new one is t of my reach.

TomDwye_1341241
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I'd love it if when my phone send me a link to enter a competition I don't know 100-percent that it was for real and I genuinely be in with a chance of winning but just like most things there are no guarantees as for technology well other than 4d video what more can be done there all pretty impressive in there own way 

Martind_1400659
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love my phone a couple of years old now fancy a upgrade but which model to go for

LukeKin_1334275
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love my Samsung phone. It enables me to easily keep in touch my friends and families and also record those special memories and allows me to easily look back at them when ever I want.

IvyCainTS
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

What future features would you like to see from mobile tech?

My answer to this would be removeable batteries, but not like they used to be, since companies are now making more flip phones and foldable phones and even making phones almost to the size of phabletts, there is no reason why they couldn't make a normal phone of metal, magnetise the back and have a tiny cell battery inside the actual phone to keep a current there like they do with PC motherboards.

Then a 2nd part of the phone that has the battery in it which can be replaced, and have it so once it connects together it is powered by wireless charging.

Make it so it slots in under the camera's, most wouldn't see the connection since the back never usually gets looked at especially when taking pics or recording video.

That would leave even more room inside of the main part of the phone for more features and give the end user aka the customer the freedom to swap out batteries when needed.

I'm sure with today's technology it could be achieved.