Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

JennyFer_671582
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I think I’ve ever found was an overnight spa break in the Lake District for me and my friend it was £99 each. It included an upgraded room, 2 hour long treatments each, access to the spa, breakfast, afternoon tea and £25 allowance to evening meal. It was fabulous and created the most wonderful memory. 
The best bargain this year for me was definitely my husband buying me a gorgeous pair of designer leather boots from Michael Kors. They should have been £300 and he got them in the January sales for £105. They arrived today and I love them!

My top tip for grabbing a bargain is most definitely to shop around and use cash back sites too get more for your money.

KadenAE
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1. So, imagine this wild thrift store adventure on a lazy Saturday. I'm sifting through the racks, right? Then, bam! A designer jacket winks at me with a £20 price tag. Slipped it on, and boom – fit like a charm. Little did I know, I basically stole a gem worth a few hundred bucks. Talk about stumbling onto a style jackpot on an ordinary day!

2. Midnight on Black Friday 2023, and I'm on a mission to level up my mornings. Spot this killer deal – a fancy coffee maker, 40% off! Couldn't resist the temptation of brewing fancy coffee without burning a hole in my pocket. Now, my kitchen's a coffee haven, thanks to that Black Friday magic.

3. Cracking the code on snagging sweet deals is like a game of patience and eagle-eyed focus. My go-to move? Keep tabs on online flash sales and subscribe to store newsletters. Those exclusive discounts and blink-and-you'll-miss-it offers turn regular online shopping into a full-blown treasure hunt. Trust me, staying looped in has saved me serious cash on everything from gadgets to clothes – it's like finding gold in the digital bargain mines! Loyalty programmes like Tesco Clubcard are also an awesome way to save! 🌟

AgnesBaka_31172
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Switching to Smarty was a great bargain. My favourites I use multiple time when I travel in the EU that I can use my call, text & data allowance at no extra costs. 

BogdanC_1967
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bargain was a very rare bottle of Guerlain perfume which I've managed to find in an old pharmacy for £20, the price for this bottle set by auction houses was £2,000 starting price!

Bradley_1492669
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain is this sim deal 😩😩

DuncanA_2327370
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain return flight business class to Istanbul for £1 with BA

Best bargain this year is above

Best tip keep your eye on websites like Smarty

Bradley_1492669
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was this sim deal 😩😩😩

attab1823
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best deal for year 2023 was a fantastic bargain! Getting unlimited data with smarty for £20 per month is indeed a great deal, especially considering the importance of having reliable and affordable mobile data in today's connected world. It's always satisfying to find such cost-effective plans that meet my needs. I will Enjoy the unbeatable price and the benefits of unlimited data! Well done Smarty !

For best bargain; Look for bundle deals or package discounts, especially when buying electronics or services. Bundling can often result in a lower overall cost.
Be Flexible: with brands and models. Sometimes, a similar product from a different brand can offer similar features at a lower price. And remember, the key is to be patient, do your research, and be open to different options. Bargains often come to those who are willing to wait for the right opportunity.

MichaelB_292207
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Where do I start?

Favourite bargain was £10 micro waves, bought about 10 as a landlord and were perfect to put in houses. 

Bargain of 2023 a cruise from Miami to Mexico and Jamaica worth msc for £666 via seascsnner, the best crusade deal website. 

Looking for bargains then Hotukdeals is the first place you should always check daily for bargains. 

RobertW_2220791
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? £50 for a 58"" Tv from a charity shop
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? Holiday . all inclusive Mme and my partner £560 
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain Shop around 

MELLO_
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? Black friday deals were awesome.
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? Got that Black friday deal immediately after I saw it.
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Research well! 

SamIsaacs_37142
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite approach to bargains is to pause at the checkout stage - an email with a coupon often follows!

KingDayo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bargain is the 100GB for £12. 

Dominic_1372610
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Smarty is one of the best bargains I've ever had in terms of contracts, also found a cracking deal on a 2nd hand car this year. 😋

KingDayo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My favourite bargain is the 100gb for £12. The BEST 🐐 

NickBlew_784252
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What's the most remarkable deal you've ever stumbled upon? I recall discovering a stunning pair of shoes at at store clearance event years ago. Originally priced at £95, they were marked down to just $25. Skeptical, I double-checked with the cashier, who confirmed the price was correct. Needless to say, those shoes became an instant steal for me!

What's the standout bargain you've secured this year? I snagged some fantastic discounts on my tech gear during the seasonal sales, particularly scoring a Nintendo Switch at a great price. As an added bonus, I impulsively picked up a game called "Galactic Explorer," and it unexpectedly turned out to be a stellar gaming experience!

What's your top strategy for nabbing a great deal? My number one piece of advice is to invest the time in exploring different options within your budget. Resist the temptation to settle for something just because it comes with extra features. Taking a bit of time to compare and shop around pays off, as you're almost certain to uncover a hidden gem at a bargain price.

AmyChid_1906224
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1. My best bargain was buying 3 bookshelves from our local refuse and recycle centre for £1 each, plus a cot for £5 and a chest of drawers for £15. We repainted them and furnished our nursery. A friend asked where we had got the furniture from because she had spent over £1,000 at a well-known store to furnish theirs but liked ours better! 

2. This year we bagged a bargain holiday by taking the advice of a friend and using Travel Counsellors, who sorted everything for us and so much more straightforward and cheaper than doing it directly. It was perfect too! 

3. My number one tip is support charity shops and also be part of your local community because if you build relationships, then people share and pass on things they don't need anymore. It's also better  for the environment to reuse and share. Everyone wins! 

Charlotte_29422
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I signed up for the £10 30gb plan doubled to 60gb a few years ago and because smarty honours their old plans I am still on it. It is amazing value for money and I have recently referred my family and friends to Smarty successfully. The best way to get a bargain is look out for a good one and to grab it and then keep renewing it so it doesn't get cancelled.

EdThomps_583044
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I found was an old watercolour at a small local auction. I was the only one interested and bought it for £12. It turned out to be by Augustus John (a relatively famous painter) and worth £800!

MarkPer_1574374
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Black Friday deal, 125GB data, plus unlimited calls & texts for £12 a month. 

RobertH_1892529
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? A luxury cruise at 50% off!
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? Renewing my TalkTalk broadband at a lesser price than Plusnet
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Keep your eyes open for something you want on the internet at the best price, i.e. switching fromTesco Mobile to Smarty to get more for less....
  •  

Gillian_1993543
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty last year

JaneBea_1684520
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain? Definitely a hose pipe set which was on sale from £70 to £50 but, when I got to the till, the price came up as 99p! I said that couldn’t be right but the cashier said that I could have it for 99p if I did it straight away… so I did!

Best tip? When buying online, I always google the shop name and “discount code” to check for any codes. I’ve saved a lot of money by doing this.

NeilDun_2252345
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Getting smarty mobile for a tenner a month!!

Getting smarty mobile for a tenner a month!

Getting smarty mobile for a tenner a month!

ThomasS_1507578
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My top tip for scoring a great bargain with SMARTY involves strategic planning, especially during events like Black Friday. Keep a close watch on SMARTY's Black Friday deals, as they often feature incredible discounts on data plans and special promotions. Consider taking advantage of the Black Friday sales to lock in significant savings for the upcoming months. Additionally, stay active in the SMARTY Community to catch any exclusive Black Friday announcements or limited-time offers. Combining SMARTY's regular promotions with Black Friday deals can lead to substantial savings on your mobile plan. Happy bargain hunting and have a fantastic Black Friday with SMARTY!

LeilaUr_2116497
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I ever found was unlimited data, texts and calls for £16.

The best bargain I've bagged in 2023 was that one. In 2024 it's been just food bargains... For now!

My n°1 tip is checking regularly for any bargains and staying uo to date with those that have to do with my interests

SamNayl_2318894
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Unlimited data calls texts £16 a month smarty 👍🏻

Tetiana_2043397
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Great bargain in May with extra data !

Stephan_2328898
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? - my new kitchen sink! Was reduced over £200!!
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? 180gb for £15!!
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Do your research, look about

jennidc
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • I found a copy of Division 2 on ps4 for £5 soon after release in an independent game store

• Playstation network had a huge sale I bagged Monster Hunter Rise with the Sunbreak expansion for just £32 for ps5

• Download vinted and take advantage of bundling items to save on postage.

Tetiana_2043397
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Using Smarty for my mobile was a pretty good move! I’m free with speaking, chatting, social media and etc

DarrenB_1840374
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Great dea on my data plan

DIANEJO_1080427
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A stand mixer that someone had returned to John Lewis and I only had to pay £39!

StuartA_2181001
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I got was marrying my wife we have been together for 49 years this year we are not only married but best friends as well

DavidM1913888
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? - I work for an employee benefits plaform. It has an auction where the price drops each second. I managed to buy a £500 spa voucher for £75

TimothyC_164315
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My wife and I found a pandora charms bracelet with 20 charms worth over 200 pounds in a charity shop for 4 pounds but gave 30 as it was for charity and still a massive bargain.

Harriet_2403792
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My smarty deal is amazing 120 GB for £12 😍 that’s the best bargain I’ve found. 

number one tip always look at deals on everyone’s sites. Mine was a Black Friday deal and I’m glad I waited for it.

DIANEJO_1080427
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain in 2023 was an M&S dress reduced from £39.99 to £7

kathryn_1218302
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I ever found was when my son was small and wanted the coveted Stretch Armstrong toy for Christmas. I was a single parent with not a huge fund to spend on presents so after writing his letter to Santa I knew I had to try and get this but had a dilemma as couldn’t afford it. By chance i was handed a leaflet when walking out of the train station from an out of town shop that was doing a pre-Xmas 50% discount for the first 50 customers. I turned around and got back on the train and raced down there and bagged the toy. I had a very happy little boy on Christmas morning. 

Rebecca_2087739
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain is discovering SMARTY and getting my bargain plan for £15. 

Another bargain for 2023 is having my beautiful children open there Christmas presents and birthday presents as there smiles are priceless.