Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was my plan 

MeadowF_1959060
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hot UK Deals is a fantastic place to find bargains, people post ways they've found to reduce the price of specific items. I got a graphics card on a deal combined with a manufacturer cashback scheme. The best deal I ever found was a huawei mate 20 pro for ~£120 iirc on an O2 refresh deal

LoisHol_1570861
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found? I bought some beautiful black, knee length boots at half price. I'd only popped in to the shop for shoe polish!

Maureen_1327939
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I got a Smarty voucher for recommending a friend. I bought a new teddy bear fleece for under £3. So I'm now warm and cosy for winter

BarryIs_1891161
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain of the year was joining smarty mobile.

DawnWhi_2039369
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best ever bargain was after Christmas last year and our local supmarket was selling baileys from £1.50 and mulled wine for 20p , hence I stocked up 😄

Skymoose
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

2 weeks in minorca for 2 for 150 quid including flights and accommodation - it was in the 80s mind

ElliotRo_348515
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? I used to work for a retail store in a shopping center, using my discount for working in the center, store promotion 10 percent off newsletter sign up and an ongoing sale, I was able to nab a £150 coat for £10.
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? A £500 office chair for £100, I'd been eyeing it up for months.
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Wait, something will always go on sale, or if not look out for vouchers and promotion emails.

MartinL_2278306
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A rather dashing brown velvet jacket.  It says ‘Dandy’ on the inside and only cost £2.

JamesDi_2419385
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

Free guitar worth £250 in a skip

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

My smarty contract 

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain

Always browse 

JamesDi_2419385
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

Free guitar worth £250 in a skip

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

My smarty contract 

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain

Always browse

ohitsemily
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

“What was the best bargain you've ever found?”

The best bargain I’ve ever found, was a few years ago in a charity shop. At the time, I was (and still am) very interested in Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”, and was looking to find a copy to read. One weekend I went into my local charity shop with my Mum, and found a cloth-bound version that usually costs £12-£15 for £2! I was completely over the moon! 😁

Shannon-_268518
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I ever found was almost the same antique bed side table my grandparents had for over 65 years. It was apart of the same make and after chatting to the seller, I got 45% off. 

best bargain this year is I purchased a bunch of sensory items for my 5 year old autistic daughter and because her school was apart of the programme, I got 40% off some pretty expensive stuff. 

number I’ve tip for best bargain is shop around for a while before deciding. Spend some good time shopping different websites and places. Compare in store to websites and cross reference! Happy bargain! 

Friendlyswif
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I bought a molle 2 army bag which was reduced from 120 to 80 which I was so happy about!!

I found some jeans in a charity shop for 3 pounds and in the Jean pockets there was 10 pounds!! So I got money back technically, that was great!

If your buying on ebay or sources where you van make an offer always lower the price, you would be surprised how much you can get off the original price it's crazy. Look around charity shops because in some cases really nice clothes show up and you can get lucky!

PhilipT_2233770
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Doubled my data on Black Friday. 

philip

Shannon-_268518
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I ever found was almost the same antique bed side table my grandparents had for over 65 years. It was apart of the same make and after chatting to the seller, I got 45% off. 

best bargain this year is I purchased a bunch of sensory items for my 5 year old autistic daughter and because her school was apart of the programme, I got 40% off some pretty expensive stuff. 

number I’ve tip for best bargain is shop around for a while before deciding. Spend some good time shopping different websites and places. Compare in store to websites and cross reference! Happy bargain! 

Paullyburnsy
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best ever bargain - a Giles no 2 annual in perfect condition in a charity shop for 50p and discovered is worth in the hundreds 

best this year a pair of walking boots worth over £100 in the sales for £33

tips - check sales on Google in early January and check out charity shoos  occasionally 

cheers 

ElinorS_2213664
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1.  Best bargain ever found was a last minute holiday villa rental in Ibiza.  We arrived to ornate electric gates, which opened to reveal a huge swimming pool surrounded by loungers and olive trees.  Four of us had the choice of six bedrooms, which were all en-suite.  The upper bedrooms all opened out onto a long verandah, which overlooked the pool.  Marbled bathrooms, gold taps etc.  - utter luxury!  And to top it all a free car was thrown in as an added extra.  All this was a good few years ago, but the total price including flights for a week’s holiday was around £600.

2.  Best bargain of 2023 was possibly the £8 deal Smarty gave me when I swapped my SIM provider.       

3.  Number one tip for getting a bargain is to always do your research first, check the Internet for any sales or the best prices and haggle if you need to!

PraewPeach
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best one so far is £12 for 120GB data which before I paid £5 for 5 GB from the other phone service🤣 After I discovered this deal, I ask my husband to move to Smarty straight away and I got additional £10 Amazon coupon!!!!

Richard_1953127
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I can answer both questions with the same bargain, January 2nd we were offered a caravan for 'free' as the owner said it was spares or repairs, we thought it would come in handy as a tea room when we are with the horses, turns out it just needed a new mains fuse and it was all ready to go, at the end of January we sold the same caravan for £500.. all the time using my Smarty call and data to make the deals as my partner is on EE and her signal is woeful.

Gavin
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Buying a vehicle typically worth £12000 for £8000.

On a recent renovation project for my apartment, the DIY store had both the adhesive and ground in damaged packaging reduced from £25 to £3 each.

Do your research then haggle hard while being polite but firm.

Es_Turner04
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I've ever found was probably my PC, which is a pretty decent gaming computer, being sold for £120 on Facebook marketplace!

Closely followed by my Smarty plan, £12 per month for 125GB is great 🙂

Best bargain I've bagged this year is a trip to Sweden to get a surgery I've needed for a long time.

Number one tip: research and compare

CaroleC_1578560
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

• What was the best bargain you've ever found? Purchasing my house

• What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? Smarty phone contract with added discount for family bargain for all

• What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Do your research then research again.

Elan3
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

I would say researching a lot and try to sign up to  websites email subscriptions, usually you’ll hear about bargains first that way!

JanPayea
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargains have been online and in the Boxing Day sales but my most favourite bargain was in the hotel cholat Xmas sales after getting a velvetiser I was able to get lots of different flavours at over 70% off 

jasonhar_938000
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain was smarty always the best love it 😁👍

Glider
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain this year, went into charity and there was a brand new genuine Bialetti induction mokka pot for £6 which I was about to buy from John Lewis for £35

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Keep an eye on charity shops.

aaron_vm
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I've bagged was 12GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited voice for just £8 per month. 

The best tip I could give for getting bargains is to visit the Smarty website regularly and get updated on the new offers. 

MeghaSi_1951983
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I bagged this year was switching to Smarty and getting 125 GB data for only £12 a month! 🤩 I can keep scrolling without worrying about data anymore and I get 5g connectivity in my area which is a bonus! 😁

william_1889673
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I have got was upgrade to 100gb per month for only £10.80. Fantastic deal.

ARCADE_RETRO
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Honestly Smarty has been the biggest bargain for me! Not having too commit too pricey contracts with other phone companys has really put my mind at ease, i am trying too convert all my family and friends too smarty 😂 

DaivaIv_1338772
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Flight to Fuertaventura for 5£ ☺️

mekos
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found

US return tickets for £100

18£ unlimited data, sms, calls with smarty

have enough time to search

JohnKer_2081103
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Haggle to get a bargain

DavidSm_1984880
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain... Probably my waterproof jacket which was 80% off.. should have been £120ish got it for less than £25..

Bargain of the year.. The Steve Madden bag I got my wife for Christmas.. less than half price and all the joy 😊

Tip... Shop around!

Michael_1253275
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I've bagged this year is a pair of walking shoes which had 65% off in the sale, then got another 20% off for signing up for newsletter 

Russell_1955061
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I bought a second hand enterprise PC on eBay, most people don't realise an Intel Xeon server is still technically a desktop pc. Much cheaper than a  consumer oriented desktop and more powerful and reliable too.

NovenaD
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain would have to be being able to use the internet to Europe and well as within the UK and all for the same plan I’m in!

Petethepete
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain was getting a dent removed on my that some kind sole gave me just before Xmas in a shop car park by a mobile dent remover that saved me £250 as opposed to a car body shop! 

Shumayy_1459228
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My favourite bargain was the 30GB plan that was for £10 then changed to 40GB for the same price, made things 10x more better for me and data was not an issue after that.