Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

halfmob
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

3) genuinely the very best thing you can do is research!! use all the buzzwords you know and don't stop until you can find a good one. make sure to read and reread to make sure you're eligible for the bargain as well.

DerekMa_2449644
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

1. £10 chicken from Mark's and Spencer that we got for 10 pence 

2. Getting 2024 Xmas presents in the January sales

3. Shop around 

MatRich_1673415
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Smarty, obviously, has saved me loads.

My tip-top is to use comparison websites for research but to always check the direct sellers website in case they have special offers there. For example booking.com is great to find ideas for places to stay but several times we've looked at the hotel's own website and seen special deals such as free breakfast.

Abidrizvi96
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The fact that im getting unlimited minutes, texts and 120GB of data for just £12 is a bargain to me. 

somersetcat
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1. Best bargain ever was a display model wedding dress for more than half price

2. Best this year was barely used waterproof walking boots for £10 from vinted (worth about £100)

3. Top tip is not to rush - eventually what you want will be found at a bargain (or you'll stop wanting it 😀)

SaiPar02
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain bagged this year

The double date deal for a year with smarty sim.

gabytylerr
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

i walked into a store and there was a north face coat from £315 pound all the way down to £100 pound! best bargain i’ve ever found in 2023 

and 20 pound a month for unlimited data.. BARGIN !!!

CadenNe_1266858
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Double dater deal with smarty for 2 years 

£150 of with easyJet 

always look through your emails 

SaiPar02
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain this year is the SMARTY double data for a year for the same price.

Abidrizvi96
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain is the one that im currently on which is £12 for unlimited minutes text and 120GB of data.

SophieShou_2779
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love a bargain! 

What was the best bargain you've ever found? My current 'best' is my winter coat, 100% wool full length coat, like wearing a blanket - £10 on ebay. Arrived completely unworn with even the pocket tacking unopened! 

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? A stack of plants from my local garden centre - went in for some shrubs on their first day open after Christmas and got a surprise 24% discount for being one of their first customers of 2024. 

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Research! In person as well as online if possible. Once you know what a quality item looks and feels like, you can spot those overlooked gems (and pass up on overproiced tat!). Charity shops, ebay, vinted, etc, all come into their own once you know what you're looking for. 

Timothy_2003549
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain of 2023 was signing up for the 50gb monthly allowance for £8 from SMARTY

Meeemooooo
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I’ve got this year was when I paid £7 for 3 nights as a hostel in Copenhagen, allowing us to spend more on fun times!!

LauraHump_34656
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I ever had was something that can’t be bought - my 2 amazing boys 😍

AndrewC_1764567
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I got a block of cheese for £1.04 last week.  It had been £6.  Nice with crackers, any type.

“You’re only as good as your last cheese bargain.” No one says.  Although I just did.

LauraMa_1955511
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found?

Getting free rudys pizza meal out during the opening days of a new resteraunt near me in Leeds. I went with 4 friends and we all got free pizza on their opening night 

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?   

-Shop around (compare the price online for different stores), dont be afraid to wait for a prize reduction, google for discount codes available, look online second hand on facebook marketplace/ebay and sign up for discount emails with offers like hot uk deals or Money saving expert tips 

Nxe
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

- £8 for 32GB data, unlimited mins and texts 

b0b
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

Check around, if it's something you're after track the lowest price so you can see when it's a peak price to buy. And watch for special sales like Black Friday, a lot of places slowly put prices up before it then lower the price for the sale but it works out it's not as good a deal as it actually looks

PhilipM_1923776
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I got a reduced price pack of 2 Finest Scotch Eggs at Tesco, and it wasn't even near its best before date or nothing!
Should have been £3.50 I got it for 14pence. That's 96% off!

teresam_1479101
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found? I used an online price-tracking tool to monitor the price of a phone and I made the purchase when the price was lower.

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? I used a benefits website and I got a brochure for sunglasses with a big discount. 

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? To wait for sales periods like Black Friday or January sales. During these holidays I can find special deals. I also wait for end-of-season sales, and I can save money by waiting for these opportunities.  

KurtLon_1104835
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I’ve ever come across, was a £37 flight to Madeira in 2022, was one of the best holidays I’ve ever been on.

Mazienemuo
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My best bargain is the unlimited data bundle of £20, it gives me the best value for money. It allows me to surf the web with no limit and watch my favourite videos on my platform.

My number one tip is my flexibility which I enjoy, Smarty gives myle that in full dose.

Vasanth_1928609
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  1. Best Bargain Ever Found: My most unforgettable bargain was snagging a state-of-the-art laptop, originally worth £1200, for just £300. It was a display model at a closing-down sale of a tech store. This laptop has powered through my work and gaming needs without a hitch, making it not just a financial steal but also a reliable companion.

2. Best Bargain This Year: Recently, I chanced upon a subscription deal for a leading streaming service. By combining a special introductory offer with a student discount, my yearly entertainment is now sorted for just £15, a fraction of the usual £120. This deal perfectly blends my love for movies and savvy saving.

3. Number One Tip for Getting a Bargain: My top tip: Leverage price tracking tools online. These tools alert you when your desired products hit their lowest prices. Combine this with cashback offers and discount codes for a double win. Remember, the smartest bargains are about timing, research, and sometimes, a bit of patience.

NigelSk_2420785
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Bone conducting headphones from Amazon 🙂

LesleyK_1988951
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

my best bargain of the year so far is a holiday I’ve booked in April  with 25% off the brochure price plus a free upgrade from B&B to half board.

squonkhead
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found? - Probably my mountain bike. I did a bit of shopping around and eventually managed to save £350.

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? - If I'm honest (and I'm not just saying this). It was changing to SMARTY , which saves me around £15 per month on what I was paying before and got way more data!!!!!

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? - Shop around and don't be too quick to jump at the first deal you find

LaurenH_2374270
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Best bargain ever

Probably a mixture of student and gifts off parents based on jobs. So, the current, 60GB for £10 pc/m then my free travel bus pass from my dad. 

Best bargain this year would be tescos and savers deals on alcohol. £1 per frozen cocktail now ur talking xoxoxo

Tip for a bargain is if its something specific you want research the market. I.e I wanted a laptop with specific things which was around £1,000+ but by researching the market and TIMING (cyber-week/end of year) i managed to get it at £660. Not a nice amount to give out but certainly a good deal. 

sandirareddy
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Got an amazing bargain on grounding sheets (for earthing) from https://rowlandearthing.co.uk/
The company was selling Gift vouchers for 50% off- so essentially got 2 sheets for the price of one, Pleased to report that we're sleeping much better!

MansoorA_103005
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found

the best bargain I have ever found has to definelty be my SMARTY plan I have as the price for what you pay is exceptional as I have never had an issue with my sim or anything, unlike other sim providers 100💯

Samuel
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best Bargain: Getting two custom mouthguards for £75

This Year: See Exhibit A ^

Finding Bargains: Research, Patience and Network 😉

Miriana_2266548
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I've ever found is a very good speaker that was on sale for 130 pounds less.

That was also the best bargain of this year for me!

I like to wait for sales or Black Friday unless is something I really need. 

JeremyW_1878424
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I had was in Wetherspoons Ilkley, one January. I walked up to the bar, there was a little blackboard which stated Wetherspoons are having a January sale. Ham, egg & chips £1.99. I told the barman that I would have that. He said that it includes a drink. I got a pint of Guinness and ham, egg and chips for £1.99.

The best bargain I found so far this year was in Bury near Manchester. Everywhere I had travelled petrol was over £1.49 a litre. I found a garage selling petrol at £1.37 in Bury. It is still an extortionate price because in Cuba a litre of petrol costs £0.16.

My advice to shopping bargains is to make an offer and if the shop keeper accepts it you are a winner. The Sale of Goods Act 1873 states any purchaser can make an offer for an item even if there is a price tag on the item. It has worked a few times for me. Give it a try! It will not work on a member of the staff, it has to be the shop owner.

ImaOty48
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain have ever found was getting smarty sim with unlimited data.

The best bargain for this year was, data unlimited.

The number one tip for getting a bargain, is buying a smarty sim and getting registered to enjoy unlimited data.

EmRey_173609
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Second hand clothes from charity shops and Vinted = best bargains. 

Michael_1362945
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain in the last year was my Smarty SIM card, the bargain that keeps paying for itself!

CarlHuds_387706
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Garmin Fenix 6 with £500 deducted!!

MarioTi_1656135
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

If you want concert or event tickets and live near a venue, check resale websites a week before the event

Cherylspr_52503
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Switching to smarty saved me £10 a month

Got 60% off on Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave

Research and look at different sites to see who is cheapest and use discount codes/sales

DavidGr_1955766
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain that I have found was back in November when I joined Smarty 5G and got 60gb of data, phone calls and messages all for £10 a month. Easy to join and the best 5g cover that I have ever had.

DavidHo_2376961
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

A holiday to Mexico that I booked with 1 weeks notice.

A pair of trainers in a sale and got 70% off them

Look in the sales and look at the start date and time of the sales