Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

MariaUr_1189765
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Waterproof boots in half price sale. No wet feet this year!

DenisBo_1555266
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Lower your plan when you realise you don't need unlimited or 100GO data, so you pay for what you need only.

ScottSul_444073
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain this year was Smarty!

KarenDa_1787617
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£470 package for 2 ppl  for 2 weeks in turkey, pow

Victoria_975853
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Good luck with the draw!

ClaireS_1367180
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I bagged in 2023 was a laptop in a black friday sale, it was almost half price. I also had a browser extension running that sent a donation to my daughter's scout group too. 

pnav-ms
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I've ever got is switching from another provider to SMARTY. From 10 pounds for 8 gigs a month to 10 pounds for 40 gigs. Absolutely the best bargain I've ever found and I am thankful for SMARTY's great offers!

dmpwright
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Getting 60 GB per month for only £10!

bladecaster
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

best way to find bargains is HUKD 🙂

ConnieL_2171063
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Getting £10 voucher for referring friends and paying £10 for 40Gb on Smarty!

BenBent_1364537
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My biggest bargain is of 2023 is 60 GB of monthly data for a tenner with Smarty! Saves me a fortune 

MrKim
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best ever bargain: finding out that I can buy a second hand iPhone for £30 and a Smarty SIM for £5 a month. Resisted buying a smartphone for a long time due to cost, but in this modern world we just need to have one. Great that SMARTY makes that possible without costing a fortune.

Best bargain this year: my Meta Quest 3. What an incredible piece of kit and although £475 is a lot of money, it is no more than a good TV and what’s the point of that with all the rubbish and repeats. In regards to entertainment versus cost, my Meta Quest 3 is the best piece of tech I have ever bought.

No.1 tip for a bargain: while interest rates are higher, don’t pay for anything on finance!

SarahBee
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My tip would be there are some great fb groups for sharing bargains people have found but don’t get swept up in it - if it’s not something you actually need then it’s not a bargain 

Karling
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain I've ever found?

Hmmm, let me think..

Ok, yes... Well whilst using my Smarty 60GB Data and Call Sim Card for just £10 per month, I once found whilst surfing online a pack of sausages being offered at a local store a few miles away on a buy 2 get 1 free deal!

I'm not daft and know when there's a bargain to be had so I immediately got dressed and called a taxi and bought 2 packs... I was chuffed I got 1 more absolutely FREE! 

GavinYo_1664339
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The group discounts are insane 

gbengoyor
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What's your number one tip for getting a bargain.

There are many tips and tricks for getting a bargain, but if I had to choose one, I would say research the price in advance. Knowing the market value of an item can help you negotiate confidently and avoid overpaying. You can also check online reviews and ratings to see if the quality matches the price.

If you are shopping in a local market or a place where haggling is common, you can also use some other strategies to get a better deal, such as:                                                                               

get a better deal, such as:

• Making a low but reasonable starting offer and working up your way up to meet the seller.
  • Having cash in hand and showing it to the seller as a sign of commitment.
  • Not getting attached to an item and willing to walk you away if the price is too high.
  • Being polite and respectful with the seller, and complimenting their products.             I hope the above tips helps you find some great bargains. 

GavinYo_1664339
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was the group discount from smarty mobile 

SarahJa_1252515
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain: 60p for a tick remover for my dog and cats.  Works a treat 🙂

AlexN_2193246
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain I have ever found was Smarty sim, low price but great value.

swarley_thomas
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Use a price-tracker app or website to track the prices of the items you want to buy, then buy them when they get cheaper or there's a special offer. Prices on sites like Amazon often fluctuate at different times of day - things can get cheaper late at night or early in the morning. Use a voucher app like "Honey" that will automatically try different voucher codes for you, and you get reward points for using it, this can save a lot of money over time.

BiancaC_1242618
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

1.  25gb for £8 at Smarty; but sadly no longer offered. 
2. This year has only just started. Bargain flights to Mallorca. 
3.  Don’t waste too much time saving pennies, life is too short. 

gbengoyor
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

That’s a great question. I love finding good deals and saving money.

That’s a great question. I love finding good deals and saving money. 😊

One of the best bargain I've bagged this year was a LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon set that I bought online for £100. It was originally priced at £149.99, so I saved £49.99 or 33% off the regular price.

I was very happy with my purchase because I’m a big fan of Star Wars and LEGO, and this set is one of the most iconic and detailed models in the LEGO Star Wars collection. It has over 1300 pieces and features many authentic details, such as rotation top and bottom gun turrets, a cockpit that opens, a boarding ramp and six minifigures. It was alot of fun to build and display .

AmyLits_1378707
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bargain has been getting 60GB of data at the price of 30GB for two years! 

Mohbeen_1839041
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Since changing to SMARTY I haven’t had any problems at all.

s1mptom
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I gave up home expensive slow internet in favor of 5G from smarty! speed is higher - price is lower) thanks!

EmmaYou_2351518
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was getting a sim that matched my current one at the time for half the price.

My number one tip would be to shop around and not just look at the big companies. They know most people will pick them for the name and therfore charge you for that. This applies to nearly everything

Karling
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Picsart_24-01-13_17-01-02-394.png

Be QUICK.. best deals tend to go fast...

As the saying goes... 'The early bird gets the worm!' ❤️

Raymond_2351410
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty my mobile bill has gone from £60 to £10 a Bargin

gbengoyor
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

That’s a tough question. There are so many amazing bargains out there, and I’m always on the lookout for them. 😊

One of the biggest bargains I have even found was a brand new MacBook Air that I bought online for £500. It was originally priced at £999, so I saved £499 or 50% off the regular price. 

I found this deal on a website called DealNews, which is one of the best price bargain websites that are cheaper than eBay. They post daily deals and coupons across the web, and they have a team of experts who vet every single deal they post to ensure it's the best price available.

I was very lucky to find this deal because it was a flash sale that lasted only a few hours. I had to act fast and place my order before it sold out. I was so excited when I received my MacBook Air in the mail. It was in perfect condition and worked flawlessly.  It was one of the best purchases I’ve ever made, and I use it every day for work and entertainment. I love how fast, light, and sleek it is, and how it has a long battery  life and a retina display. It was definitely worth the money, and I'm very happy with my bargain .

Kaziq
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain this year was a perfectly functional and comfortable chair for my room. I moved to UK from another country, and needed some furniture quickly and at a low cost, because it was going to be temporary. Some great lady offered me a nice roller chair for free, and I am still using it.

IanGrah_1910775
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain in 2023 was switching to Smarty from my previous network provider. My monthly payment was halved and my data allowance more than doubled. What’s not to like. 😃👍🏻

My best bargain of all time was buying my home. I got it at a much reduced rate as it needed to be fully redecorated after the previous owner had rented it out and the tennant’s had shown it no respect at all. 

My best tip for bagging a bargain is not to rush in, but to do some research.  

Nali
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain in 2023 was Smarty sim , with 40gb of data and I use 10gb while at work in my car as Uber driver, and the rest watching YouTube when it's quiet , my advice is always shop around comparison sites to get the best deals 😀 and your the winner 🏆 

GarethT_2337673
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Best bargain was yellow labels items at Sainsbury's.  Best bargain this year was a smart TV.  Best tip , go to the supermarket.  Gareth.

Abdulla_2243529
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Cheap, fast, discounts all in one

DonRams_2003622
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain - Smarty sim for my phone. I've never seen so much data available for such a low cost!

PaulBur_1561463
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain was signing up to Octopus Energy. Not only do I save money on electricity but I have earned £150 by recommending it to others. Of course Smarty was also a good bargain.

LeeRobin_575501
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ipad Air...worth while shopping around and got a real bargain!

William_2054601
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

best bargain: badger harness,

Best this year. Tomato slippers

tip: Decent shoes.

LouiseS_2350429
SMARTY Livewire
SMARTY Livewire

16GB for £8!! It’s an absolute steal best bargain by far 🤩

Margare_1975215
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain ever was my smarty sim. Best bargain of 2023 light fitting from IKEA. No. 1 tip for getting a bargain is following Martin Lewis money program.