Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

DrewBuc_2043258
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1. A projector from Richer Sounds, had their 6 year guarantee and was replaced for a new one 3 times during that period.  Got so much use out of the projector for movies and gaming, good times.

2.  This will probably stop getting me the £100 voucher oops 😬! But in December I got a three simo unlimited plan for business for £5pm+vat

3. use hotukdeals, blc, honey, Amex and their rewards offers, moneysupermarket always trying to get a bargain!  My top tip though is it’s only as much a bargain as you use it or need and value it!

Wackiest
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Managed to find a fancy designer armchair on an online Marketplace for £30!

MartinE_2070866
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain i ever found was a mother of pearl drum kit 13 years ago that was mint condition in a skip outside my house 😂 didn't pay a dime. Still have it to this day and sounds lush.

hiviz_harry
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you’ve ever bagged?

- The NHS, because no matter how much we moan about taxes and NI, or waiting for X-rays and operations we will never fully appreciate leaving the hospital without a bill.

What was the best bargain you’ve bagged this year?

- It’s still only January, but the best deal I bagged was in Costco on toilet paper. I sat down (on a chair) and worked out how much loo roll I could get in bulk that’ll last me all year. I took into consideration any multi buy deals, the length of roll to find the price per sheet (because who’s counting?). Having then spent £122 I’ve got enough for the whole village.

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

- Shop around, take your pen and paper and sit down and work out what is the absolute best deal for you. Only you can figure out what’s the best deal for you.

TahirGi_2100805
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Very good deal. Best. 

Akhtar_663141
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

What was the best bargain you’ve ever found? 

The best bargain was a couple trip to turkey in 5* hotel all inclusive. Saved £1000.

What was the best bargain you bagged in 2023? 

Bought an expensive perfume for just £15

Wait for the 70% off sale.

MrKiller20069
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My best bargain was getting the smarty 5gb for £6

Wackiest
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain in 2023: Got a fancy designer armchair on an Online Marketplace for £30! 🙂 

Akhtar_663141
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

What was the best bargain you’ve ever found? 

The best bargain was a couple trip to turkey in 5* hotel all inclusive. Saved £1000.

What was the best bargain you bagged in 2023? 

Bought an expensive perfume for just £10

Wait for the 70% off sale.

Jo_1882048
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found?  - A pair of white Firetrap shoes at TK Maxx for £1.00 
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? - New Selected femme Wool coat on ebay for £35, where right now on the Selected Femme website it is on sale for £220
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? - Research & patience 🙂

Cameron_1553230
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My Best Bargain by far is the £20 for unlimited data and comes down by £2 to £18 if you’re in a group plan, to me this is a steal. Not to mention I get signal everywhere pretty much.

Bargain is an understatement especially when I used to pay O2 nearly triple what I pay now to have poor coverage from them anyway. 

TahirGi_2100805
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best deal offer i have 

DonStau_1004581
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain is Smarty doubling my data allowance for free. 30gb to 60gb.

theninjaman
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Smarty is really great value for money £10 for 60 GB and free calls and texts awesome keep it up smarty 👍👌💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇬🇧

Fkal
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Research and compare every single option out there!

Redie
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

• The best bargain I've ever found was a designer handbag at a charity shop for only £20. It was in impeccable condition and a rare gem among the donated items.

• In 2023, my best bargain was a last-minute holiday deal to a luxurious resort. I saved over 50% on the original price by booking during a flash sale.

• My number one tip for getting a bargain is to stay informed and patient. Sign up for newsletters, follow your favorite brands on social media, and be ready to pounce on deals during sales events. Additionally, don't be afraid to negotiate or inquire about discounts – sometimes a simple ask can lead to surprising savings.

LenMack_1141459
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I god a load of firewood delivered today for free

JadeL
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain- back in 2014 I found the entire ‘House MD’ DVD collection for £5 in my local charity shop. 

TahirGi_2100805
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks for the deal. 

TahirGi_2100805
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Good

DavidJo_2131751
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

Without a doubt, the winter deal which offers 125GB, unlimited calls and messages for £12.

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

I would probably say the referral, where you refer a friend using your link and you both receive £10 gift card.

Word of mouth asking your friends helps a lot of good deals or even searching on Google helps a lot.

Charlot_2265261
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain is a pair of purple Hunter wellies. I'm a size 5 so managed to get a junior size for £9!

My best bargain this year was to win an Instagram competition. I received a voucher and found a half price coat in the January sales

My number 1 tip to grab a bargain is to go to Tkmaxx on a Thursday when the new stock arrives. SSH!. Don't tell everyone!

MortuusAsh
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

The best bargain I gotten was the 50GB for £8!! Definitely was worth it going to this provider instead of my old one, even better getting 5G!!

NiallBr_2371450
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • Hi, I got return flights from Belfast to Lanzarote in December for £70 return. Thanks 

DaleHam_2014568
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I ever got? My car

Previous broke down bought another of the same make needed some tlc and few repairs. Family friend helped out.

Got the car for £300 and its been going strong for a few years now! Sometimes you can get a great bargain through putting time into something!

William_2381674
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

It came via TravelZoo but a 2 week holiday in China - 
flights on Lufthansa
all internal transport on bullet train
Beijing, Shanghai, Great Wall, Terracotta Army and the panda breeding programme on a B&B basis 
£1399 each, going in April as we're not in WW3 by then...

Vannin49
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was the £8 for 16 G of data. Then it doubled for free to 32 G! Thank you Santa Smarty. 

Griffin_1918314
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain is 60gb (30gb doubled for 1 year) for £10

WayneLa_1018236
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain is the all you can eat for 20 pounds with smarty I have been on this for over a year now and it started with all you can eat for 18 pounds still the best deal I have found 

AlinaAn_2319623
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain- moving from Ee to Smarty, saved nearly £50/month whoop, whoop

Katie_2390760
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I honestly can't think of what my best bargain ever would be, but my latest this year is a £10 trial bottle of Trip CBD oil that I've been wanting to try for ages. I ordered it yesterday and it arrived today, so super speedy too!

Advice would be have patience, do your research and be realistice about your needs. I got my son a fitness tracker/smart watch for Christmas and it was £40 and it does everything he needs it to. I could have been fooled into believing I needed to spend more on one that had more features, when in reality he wouldn't use the additional features so it wouldn't have been worth the extra money. Sometimes the bargain isn't something that's usually expensive and reduced in price, it can be something that is already great value but overshadowed by the more expensive version that is heavily marketed to make sales.

Jordon_P
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am on the promotional 180gb for £15 per month plan, even before that I was more rhan happy with 150gb for £15 a month as it was excellent value. I've managed to save money with SMARTY and also its been a flawless network for me, much better than my old networks 02 and EE. Thanks SMARTY!!! 

AlinaAn_2319623
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? - Do your research, don't buy on impulse!

SamMill_1359933
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

This has to be winning a lambretta for £290 on a competition site, best money I have ever spent ! Love it !

TonyBrow_767862
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My current plan is all the bargain I neec

theninjaman
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Smarty has been the best present I have ever had since it's my birthday today The same day has Smarties been a year old ❤️❤️

JamesBeg_300350
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

20 bottles of budwiser for a tenner absolute bargain 

NeveenE_1735175
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • Baby Stroller 
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • Baby Stroller 
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?
  • follow bargain Facebook group to know about sales on time.

LizSlyfi_756500
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain - a blouse for a pound.

Best bargain last year - refund on eurostar due to delay. Used Tesco vouchers in the beginning so cost zero in the end. And delay didn't impact our onward journey. 

Top tip - its only a bargain if you are going to make use of it or sell it on. 

AdrianC_2172026
SMARTY Livewire
SMARTY Livewire

Some of the best places to get a bargain is using HotUKDeals. You can also use telegram and search from groups with bargains or price glitches.

The best bargain I got was a pair of Bluetooth headphones from £90 down to £10.