Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,152 REPLIES 2,152

Nata_1580525
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I've ever found is probably a reduced pizza for £0.10

Best bargain in 2023 was moving to smarty, as a low user. Went from £10 a month to £4, so great saving.

No 1 tip to get a bargain is to read and subscribe to Martin Lewis weekly newsletter email. Full of info that is useful. This is how i signed up to Smarty

HajiraIr_913269
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I got was at a charity shop years ago, they were closing down and selling coats for 50p, shirts for 20p and they were such cute clothes too!!! 

AlanWoo_1793226
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

£16 for unlimited everything! Best bargain ever!

LilyArc_1887501
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bargain was my hollister jeans that were 75% off, even though I didn't even notice until I went to the counter. 

HannahBanana
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

Shop around! If it's something specific you're looking to buy, check the internet to see what other shops are selling it, as one of them may be listing it for cheaper. 🙂

SammieO87
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Got a oak furniture land sofa bed for 300 quid. Got it this year and it's my best bargain. Top tip is to check out your local Facebook market place for second hand bargains

Rebecca_2218594
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Definitely buying my VW T5 campervan! £8k converted! Absolute steal! I think it’s not about the what you know, it’s about who you know!

EvilToilet
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I think the best bargain that sticks out in my mind is from nearly 20 years ago! Amazon was selling the brand new Feeder CD album release for 99p. Definitely by accident, but was up there for a while and they honoured mine. Winner!

A more recent bargain would be the 20% site-wide sale on Master of Malt just before new years. Site-wide! 

And honourable mention to the black Friday deal that brought me here: £8 a month for 16gb phone contract, doubled to 32gb for a year! 

PK
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain bagged this year was the easyJet Adventure calendar.  I was lucky to be one of the 150 buyers. £695 for 4 pairs of return tickets to most easyJet destinations (including hold baggage).  Half of the £695 paid went to UNICEF and in addition to the 8 return flight tickets the adventure calendar also included other vouchers including car rental discount vouchers, an airport lounge pass plus money off vouchers for onboard purchases. Best part of the flight vouchers is that anyone can use them. A fantastic deal all round especially when half of the cost goes as a charity donation to UNICEF.

FrankMur_754578
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Double data at no extra cost and very good price 👍

TomC
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Made the switch from Vodafone to Smarty during Black Friday and managed to get my plan from £33 for 30GB to £8 for 30GB!

AidanHasarrived
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I doubled my data from 16 to 32gB for the same price as before £8!! Really great deal for students. 

ZaydAbb_1797815
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Cheers to a fantastic year, SMARTY Community! 🎉 My best bargain find this year was a sleek laptop at half the price during a flash sale. My tip for snagging bargains? Keep an eye on seasonal sales and subscribe to newsletters for exclusive deals. Wishing everyone good luck in the draw! 

Rebecca1403
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

12 pound for 120gb unlimited calls and texts, can't go wrong! Always shop around to bag yourself a bargain.

Richard_1572613
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My number one tip for bagging a bargain is to shop around.

EvaAhn_2161049
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best Bargain Ever: One day, while perusing a thrift store, I discovered a vintage leather handbag that perfectly matched my style. The price was unbelievably low, and to this day, it remains my favorite accessory.

Best Bargain This Year: This year, I found a fantastic deal on a high-quality kitchen appliance during a clearance sale. It has made cooking a joy, and the savings were an unexpected bonus.

Number One Tip for Bargains: Building relationships with local vendors can lead to exclusive discounts and special deals. Keep an eye out for community events and sales, as these often hide some of the best bargains.

PortiaWh_730705
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best tip for getting a bargain, go to the charity shops

PeterWa_1889173
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I purchased a pair of £60 golf shorts, in the winter, for £10 👌

Munnkie
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was a Shaftesbury Les Paul style electric guitar I bought from a guy at work for just £10. It was stuck in his attic gathering dust. Wrote a good number of songs on that bad boy. 

Rebecca1403
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

12 pound a month for 120gb data, unlimited calls and text can't go wrong. Always shop around to find a bargain! 

SophieW_2394974
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Best bargain I have ever found is a pasta machine I got my dad for Christmas on ebay for £35 instead of £80, was brand new! 

Best bargain this year is a levi coat I found for my daughter in tkmax for £25 instead of £75! 

My number one tip for getting a bargain is shopping around can find the exact same product for less!

JohnMac_2068331
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Smarty rookie 1

JohnMac_2068331
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Unlimited calls texts and data £20 

DerekTo_1766829
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Number one tip- Check advice on Which? and Money Saving Expert particularly before buying major items.

Romeo22
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£10 for 60gb for 12 months when I signed up bargin!! 
told all my family and friends when that deal was on and I know atleast 16 of them swapped to smarty where has this been all my life!! 
keep getting calls from my old provider and they just can’t beat the deal so I will be staying where I am for a long time. 

DillonP_2064132
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found? - I remember finding a beautiful backpack in a sale years ago, it had been reduced from £120 to £20. I didn’t think it was right so I asked at the till and she said it was right. Snapped that up straight away! 

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? - I managed to get some good deals on my Nintendo Wii whilst the sales were on, I bought a game called Truck Simulator for a laugh, but it has turned out to a “truck” load of fun! 

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? - Take the time to shop around to find something that suits you for your budget, don’t compromise on something just because there’s added extras. It’s worth that little bit of time and effort to look around, because you’ll almost definitely find a bargain. 

JasbirD_1144425
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain ever was the house I bought compared to todays prices!

best bargain in 2023 was half price turkey trays!

best tip..just keep searching! 

Hristin_1853347
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I am paying only £10 a month and have unlimited calls, texts and plenty of internet which I can never use through the month. So far the best bargain I have found out there 👍

Benji247
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

32GB for £8 a month in the Black Friday promotion. Unreal value for money, never need to worry about running out of data again. As long as the network doesn’t go down again, I for one will not be going anywhere else anytime soon. 

IanBurto_501205
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My best bargain was signing up my daughter to SMARTY getting  a 10% discount on an already fantastic deal 😁

My best bargain this year was a beautiful 24k gold necklace from the British Museum at less than half price in a sale. 

My No 1 tip for getting a bargain is doing your homework and seek out the best price early!

N_2232187
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

125 GB for £12

Michael_1932266
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Back when I was a kid, I was a philatelist. My dad persuaded me to invest my pocket money in a kg of stamps (unsorted and from all over the world, sold by weight, not content). Thousands of stamps to go through, kept me quiet for months, then I found a Queen Victoria £1 Brown/Lilac. That’s a great bargain. 

Mono
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found?
    • Expensive valves for a guitar amplifier, I put a free add out on FreeCycle and someone had a small box full of them.  I couldn't believe my luck! 
    •  
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
    • A high spec Macbook Pro for £180, which now runs the latest OSX.
    •  
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?
    • Do some research as a bargain is not a bargain until you need it!

DavidGe_2312583
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My tip for bagging a bargain is to do your research and not rely on big letters or pretty colours to guide your decision even when an offer shows you a comparison of a few companies with the same product. There are many retailers that are not shown that you should be comparing with. 

Flamenco_747
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I purchased a nearly new computer on ebay. It was already a decent price. When it arrived it was perfect, with all the packaging and documentation but the memory was missing so it didn't function. I reported this to the seller and they immediately gave me a complete refund but they didn't supply any return information. I wrote back to the seller asking, don't you want me to return it? They replied 'no, keep it'! So I purchased the memory for a fraction of the price of the computer, fitted it and it's been working fine for a couple of years.

Bhu06
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best ever bargain: £20pm for unlimited data(unlimited calls and texts)!

DerekTo_1766829
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

No 1 Tip- Check advice from Which? and Money Saving Expert berofe buying, particularly moer expensive items then haggle for a discount.

ZaraKan_1567740
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The discount on phone plans for me and hubby, we'd both be with your excellent plans anyway so that's a total bargain / freebie!

GillianL_962804
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best tip to get a bargain is to be prepared to take some time looking around, check for voucher codes and check to see if anyone does cash back. I’ve just got 2 pairs of boots for £52 should have been £108 !

Douglas_1464612
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£6 for 4GB data only suits my needs perfectly 😁