Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,151 REPLIES 2,151

JosephhaywardJr
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I was looking for a new laptop and had noticed that the original price was £900. During a sale it was reduced to £499.99. the bargain was so good all the laptops where sold out very quickly.

I was buying some equipment for work and the company I bought them from gave me a 10% of voucher. The original price would have been £300 and I was able to save £30 which I was happy about, since then the company has given me a couple of £10 of vouchers, like just £10 of. No minimum spend required. Best deal I have got yet.

I put in the research and found what specific makes of an item where the best. Did they meet all my requirements. What did others in the trade use or think of what I was to buy. Then I had to choose what company to purchase the items from. Where they on sale, where they in stock. What delivery or collection did the company offer. I asked around, so mostly word of mouth and firsthand experience where a good way to determine if something is good. And that is how I was able to setup my smarty refer a friend plan.

Nichola_1658632
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The bargain I found was a Smarty upgrade to 50gb data on my £8 deal

ClaudeN_2377480
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I found was UNLIMITED DATA, CALLS and TEXT for just £18 a month. How could u pass that up. Even made me switch to SMARTY. 

niallst_1444959
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bargain was getting unlimited data , texts and minutes for £17 😍

Hassaan_1674536
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Best bargain - Needs to be my laptop tbh because I got it on a huge sale 

Bargain this year - My air fryer was pretty cheap on sale and was quite big 

Tips- keep visiting sites every day and keep notifications/tabs open to keep updated 

Muharre_2315566
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Bargain that I doubled my data on Blackfriday and best thing is about it is, if you are existing customer still you were able to use it.

gemmacl_2265033
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

While in Singapore, I discovered a great deal on museum tickets that allowed me to visit multiple museums for a discounted price. I had planned to visit a couple of museums but hadn't considered visiting a third one. Since I already had the ticket, I decided to go anyway. To my surprise, the museum turned out to be a wonderful small one, which was both interesting and unique. It became a highlight of my trip, and I have returned to it many times since.

Although I only saved a small amount of money, the experience expanded my view of what museums can offer. I no longer overlook small cultural museums in favor of larger ones with blockbuster displays and collections. There are many amazing small museums around the world, and taking a chance to visit them can lead to discovering hidden gems at a bargain price.

Review services regularly and call up and cancel them. You'll often get a counter offer that's better but only available for people for 'retention'

this works for internet and phone services, even credit cards. I got a 'black' credit card that gives 3x the amount of cash back than the normal one but you're supposed to have an income of 100k. I was unemployed when they gave it to me because I said I was going to close my account because I found a better deal elsewhere.

Loyalty is punished, customer retention is targeted at borderline customers

DavidHo_1577717
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain we ever had was when we bought 2 lunches from M&S...when we got to the checkout the assistant said "Your shop is on us". Amazed and delighted... 🙂

BD452023
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

found a rare vinyl boxset for £40, was going for at least £80 online 

DavidMa_1967698
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Shop around and always end up back at the first place you visit!

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bargain was when I recieved double data for the data I already paid for which was a life saver because I really needed more but couldn't really upgrade 

TrevorC
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Signing up to Smarty mobile and more than halving my monthly bill

TomMcCa_1367938
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Get there first, create alerts/saved searches!!

JohnMcC_1903469
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best way to secure a bargain is to shop around and leave no stone unturned!

Nichola_1658632
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The bargain I found was upgrading my Smarty 12gb for £8 to 50gb data

darknetcs
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My biggest bargain of lifetime was buying "broken" 55" LG OLED TV worth 3000 quid in 2014 for 50 pound. To fix it it was simple inter power supply replacement, as it was busted and now I'm enjoying top tier TV for absolute peanuts

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain is the double of data

Stephen_2023666
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

i always use Google to shop for the cheapest deal if I know what I'm after. 👍

St3ph4n138758
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best was my trip to newyork, came off nightshift bags packed strait to travel agent,whats the best price,too high so went back 1 hour later, too high ,went back again 80 mins to departure price£260 4 star hotel in Manhatten so mad mad rush to airport got to sign in 9 minutes before gate closed an experience i will never forget, so remember they will drop the price dramatically nearer departure time better getting something than nothing.

LiamRead_630089
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was a black Friday I found a television from 599.99 reduced to 299.99 and loved it ever since ♡.

This year I would say the best bargain would be buy 1 main meal at this restaraunt and get a 2nd meal £10 0ff :).

Always check the charity shops is the number 1 tip!!

Happy new year from Liam. ☆

IanScot_1934273
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

a Ralph Lauren shirt in TK Max for £15.  It was originally £85.

EvaTill_1460665
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I got a first edition book from the local charity store for £3 and it was worth over £400. Prized place on my shelf now! 

Timothy_1677946
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was this phone number plan

Michael_1419507
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I found was probably Timberland boots during the back Fri sale. In conjunction with my Blue Light card and black Friday off I saved over £100

Best bargain this year was a flight to Tenerife for £14.99 on 2nd Jan

Tip to get bargains is shop around, research and sign up for offers

GilFigu_2286491
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Trip all inclusive to Greece

Non yet

Last minute Hollidays 

CiroCul_1887377
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

Best bargain ever was an Apple Watch at £250, RRP £500!
  • best bargain this year of course my Smarty promo pay monthly contract 
  • Use comparison websites and never buy impulsively 

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was doubling my data

Kai_110
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

Go to grocery shops roughly 2 hours before they close because they'll have a lot on reduced, that includes pies, vegetables, fruits, bread etc that will all last a few more days despite what the expiry date shows. CO-OP's reduced section has been the best so far as they can be very generous with their reductions (especially on the weekends and even more so if it's by a university).

Using 'Too Good to Go' is also a great way to get food at bargain prices AND it helps reduce food wastage. 

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Lover smarty doubling my data

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

No other company would ever do anything like this really ahead of the competition 

ScottDa_2375368
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

It’s a bargain how **bleep** marvellous it is having such a good deal for such a low cost!

RachelT_2308100
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I managed to get a £25 gammon joint for £2 on 27th December, it was so big I cut it into 3 joints and froze 2 of them. It served 5 of us for 3 roast dinners with lids of leftovers too! 

Elizabe_2202868
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I love that I can text and use my phone abroad without cost 

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was my data plan

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My favourite bargain is my data plan

MikeRob_1507358
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My best bargain of the year was combining the insurance for various things (car & house mainly) together with one provider. 

Smarty is also a bargain every month!! 

BarryIs_1891161
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Changing over to smarty was one of the best bargains of the year.

AimeeKe_2036732
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? - 6 beautiful diamound cut glass tublers that were in my local charity shop for £10. They also came on a silver tray and when I got home and checked, the tray was stamped with a silverwear company badge and turns out it's worth over £40! 

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Having a good hunt around and trying promo codes when you see them online, sometimes they might just work! 

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I feel my best bargain was my plan

ehsanZa_1779184
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Needed a cheap data plan and I arrived here thxs so much