Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,125 REPLIES 2,125

Elizabe_2063075
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain this year - a dress, it’s £59 originally & got it in the sales for £5.99! Lovely summery dress for forthcoming holiday

Best bargain ever found - I think it’ll be my Barbour coat. Saw it in store, it was the middle of June and it was a lovely sunny, hot day. Out shopping & it was in their sale - this lovely warm winters coat, perfect for wet, cold days dog walking. Originally £299.99, I got it for £79. Wear it all the time!

My tip in finding a good bargain - shop around, question if you really need it. Just because it’s a good price doesn’t make it a bargain unless you’ll use/ need it! 

LiamHor_1785207
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Black Friday double data 

TerryCu_1219499
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

my best bargain was my refurbished iPhone, best this year was 32g for the price of 16! Biggest tip is when you find something you like in store always google search it. I recently bought a fridge £100 cheaper online than instore 

Kathlee_2448617
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I ever came across , I was looking around for a pair of trainers , originally £350 , I searched for days , I went into a charity shop with my mum and found them for £15 I wasn’t sure if it was real and they were my size , I still wear them to this day 

MariaD
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The best bargain I ever found was switching to SMARTY.  From £10.93/month increasing annually from my old provider, to £6/month (12 months offer) for 4GB data from SMARTY.  I only use 1-2GB per month, so this plan fits my needs perfectly.  The changeover from my old provider to SMARTY ran smoothly, and the SMARTY IT Department for any queries in between that period were superb and very customer focused.  I'm not sure how I discovered SMARTY; it must have been a Which? Magazine best buy, as that’s where I generally do my research beforehand.  Whatever route I took, I'm really pleased I found SMARTY at the end of it.

The best bargain so far this year was winning a £50 M&S voucher through an AA community prize draw for completing their surveys and activities.  Giving insights into products and services offered by companies helps them understand what's important to customers, which leads to companies building suitable products and services accordingly.  Completing surveys is a win-win situation for both company and participant.  The company gains valuable insights into what the customer wants, and the participant is given an opportunity to win something of value from a free prize draw.

My number one tip for getting a bargain would be to do your research beforehand.  Which? Magazine was a good start for me, as that's where I discovered SMARTY.

PaulLam_1341977
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

£8 for 30GB of data from Smarty is considered my biggest bargain lately!

KevinDoo_441059
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Smarty has been the best bargain for all mobile needs. 

KatieB276
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

A - The best bargain I ever found was a cruise to Norway at half price. Trip of a lifetime!

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

A - I found a beautiful little black dress for 70% off on Next.

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

A - Always check your local charity shop. I've found some incredible homewear bargains, particularly just after Christmas and in late spring.

DamienG_2195313
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Oh actually I've just remembered my favourite may actually be the lowest cost deal I got all year my £20 a month unlimited everything sim I got from smarty which is cheap already but I also got 20% off for a year so for unlimited calls,texts and data I only have to pay £16 a month a great deal on a already great deal ye I think this one is the one that made and makes the biggest impact in a every day scenario  so thanks for that smarty...

steve90uk
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

• 3 years of Xbox Live Game Pass ultimate for the cost of 1 year! 
  • Or finding Smarty 

• £120 worth of tuppawear for around £30 you have to love some tuppawear.
  • Or switching to Smarty.

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

• My tip I started to do is just join the bargain pages on social media... the community will find a share the deals and ypu share some back
  • Sign up to sites like price spy and set notifications of items you would like and when there is a drop your get emailed.
  • Spending time to shop around online, stopping brand loyalty 

That's my 2 cents 

Joined Smarty 3 months ago and so far 10000% better than the service I had with o2 so happy at the moment.

crees2593
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found?
    Back when Black Friday wasn't the month of November, grabbing a watch for a substantial discount.

• What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
    Moving to Smarty then a month or so later being offered the Black Friday deal to double your data on an already good price is up there! 
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?
    It should be common knowledge, but don't get sucked in by the discounted prices saying X% off. So rarely do you ever find that item at full RRP in the first place, so that 50% discount on Black Friday is probably no better, or not much better, than it was a few days before. Use online sites, apps etc, to check before buying to see just how good a deal you're really getting, and whether you're better to wait a few days/weeks for it to come down again.

AdamRzezn_41587
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was sale of old duty free products from the aircraft. Prices were from 1 to 15£ per item. 

EileenB_1924516
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I love bargain hunting and use loads of apps to maximise saving money. I buy cashback vouchers through Donought when I know I'm going to shop and use these alongside Quidco. Topcashback and Blue Light card. It's a bit of a hobby but always love when it works out well. Best bargain of 2023 was annual travel insurance which paid the full amount back in cashback 😊

imogenmosson
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

the best bargain i have ever got was a free set of drawers that i found by a bin, it was korean pearl detailed and was beautiful!! 

best bargain i found this year was also free, a mirror i found on the side of a road in perfect condition as i had just moved to spain it was perfect for my apartment

to find a bargain i’d say look in the places you least expect lots of people get rid of things therefore you can get for free or for such a low price, look in charity shops, facebook marketplace ,ebay, vinted etc 

dazfinlay
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My tip for a bargain on eBay is to take something you wish to buy but mis-spell is slightly in the search terms and see if you find a mis-spelt listing that others might have missed

DavePeate
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Number one tip fo rgetting a bargain is to try to leave a subscription service. There always seem to be deals offered to keep you, just remember to not auto-renew!

MartinP_1344366
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I found was a crushed velvet sofa for my partner for £160 from gumtree best bargain of the new for me by far 

Daniel_W
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

the best bargain I’ve gotten  is £50 off of a £209 item

Saiyara_1681817
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I’ve ever had was 3 wings and chips for a £1. 
The best bargain this year, it’s very difficult to find, is the SMARTY phone deal. 
And the best way to get bargain is always to be on a look out 

SimonWo_1715156
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was a Stihl petrol-powered strimmer for £5 - its been cutting away for years at almost no cost to me!

IanThompsett521
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain was calibre boss nut from go outdoors it was reduced and I got cashback from my bank account as well. 

best bargain this year was my second hand redwing boots they had been worn once for a film shoot and got them for £160 with tub of polish free which is normally £15

Best way to get a bargain is looking around different sites and local shops. Buy second hand if you can. 

Katrina_1321128
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Best bargain was finding smarty and changing to a sim only deal.

This year it has been using the surplus food cafe and pantry in my local community centre, food that would otherwise end up in landfiill.

Tip would be to reuse, reduce and recycle all that you think about using and buying 

Hassaan_1674536
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Best bargain I've ever found - My laptop was a bargain tbf.  It was a bit expensive at first but I randomly checked the website and it was on a big sale so I had to get it.

Best bargain this year - Only 2 weeks into this year however I managed to get  an air fryer which was big and cheap 

Tip for bargain- keep looking every day on multiple websites and have notifications on for the websites .

Muharre_2315566
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Bargain that I doubled my data on Blackfriday And best part is thing ses not for new joiner. If you already customer still you were able to have a chance to do it.

thanks smarty

JoshuaC_2137700
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1. The best bargain I ever found was a Ukulele for £12. This was before I knew what they were and I couldn't believe that there was a miniature 4 string guitar that I could carry around so easily. I loved that little guy, I named him Brian after my best friends dog. 

2. Best bargain of the year was some Vivobarefoot boots I found in my local charity shop for £15. Almost new and costing around 10% of what they would normally. 

3. Tips for finding bargains:

Spend time researching the things you need.

Spend less time looking at the things you want.

Buy as much as you can secondhand.

Don't buy anything that has only just been released; you don't know how good something is until you get the reviews from people who have had it for a year: tech, clothes, sports gear anything. And by then it will be half the price. 

Daniel_W
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain is I got a 50pounds off on a 209pounds product.

Dyzio
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I think good offer was 50GB for £10 last year

This year got my pops to change network and as a group plan I get 100GB for 10,80 plus soon I going to put my mother on it.

Big tip is shopping around it’s a must

Muharre_2315566
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Bargain that I doubled my data on Blackfriday

CraigCun_119652
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What was the best bargain you've ever found? A copy of a letter by Robert Burns for £25 that turned out to be a genuine manuscript worth thousands.
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year? A Bose sound system sold as spares or repairs for £10 which only needed a new fuse in plug!
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? Research the stuff you like so you know and recognise names / logos. Always keep an eye out for these online or at flea markets and car boot sales. 

darrenbrowne
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Tip for a bargain for your sought after item when ordering online, don’t make an impulsive immediate purchase straight away, leave in basket for a while and maybe vendor will offer a discount to entice & tempt you to buy it.

DanielAkanji
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain was a Smarty promotion for 60GB that I got for only 10 pounds a month. This was because I was one of the first people to start using Smarty when it launched. 

SuzanneC_153801
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My best bargain in 2023 was sending a  Cadbury secret Santa Chocolate for free to my loved one 😄 x

StreetPea
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Now this may seem a little on the nose, but the SMARTY sim only deal for £12 getting me 100GB + 25GB for a year is ridiculous and awesome. This is the best thing I’ve bagged in the last year. Especially when my previous phone monthly was ~£60!

Thank you SMARTY!

Kai_110
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I once found a Ragged Priest zip-up hoodie in a charity shop for £5. It looked brand new and considering their T-shirts are like ~£30, it was the best bargain ever. 

Cameron_1502097
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Really cheap holiday on easyJet to Amsterdam it was a beautiful experience.

Chris5859
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

First trip abroad, free hols as long as we were shown around timeshare hotels.

Ricardo_1445727
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain was a big size tv unit for £30

That bargain was this year 

The top tip is always been on the lookout 

AlanDiv_1954344
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1 getting a Smarty sim with unlimited data for £16 per month

2 weekend away st a French Château 

3 Shop around

Muharre_2315566
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Bargain that I doubled my data on Blackfriday And best part is existing customer we’re able to use this too.

JosephhaywardJr
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

I was looking for a new laptop and had noticed that the original price was £900. During a sale it was reduced to £499.99. the bargain was so good all the laptops where sold out very quickly.

I was buying some equipment for work and the company I bought them from gave me a 10% of voucher. The original price would have been £300 and I was able to save £30 which I was happy about, since then the company has given me a couple of £10 of vouchers, like just £10 of. No minimum spend required. Best deal I have got yet.

I put in the research and found what specific makes of an item where the best. Did they meet all my requirements. What did others in the trade use or think of what I was to buy. Then I had to choose what company to purchase the items from. Where they on sale, where they in stock. What delivery or collection did the company offer. I asked around, so mostly word of mouth and firsthand experience where a good way to determine if something is good. And that is how I was able to setup my smarty refer a friend plan.