Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Prize Draw] Let us know about your favourite bargain

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

PD_Banner_1st.png

PRIZE DRAW UPDATE - WINNERS 

We are delighted to announce the winners of SMARTY Community Anniversary Prize Draw🎉🥁🏆

• LizSlyfi_756500 
  • IBRAHIM_1329146 
  • ShauneC_1454547 
  • AlphaCh_1188069 
  • YvonneMc_959576 
  • JoshEll_2277220 
  • adilayu_2347091 
  • OCH 
  • yuvrajd_1732908 
  • LedleyH 
  • tonyada_1073593 
  • DB1 
  • NegativeZero 
  • Timothy_1677946 
  • JoeWasse_592205 

Congratulations to our lucky winners! Please check your Community Private Messages inbox for further info.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have received some wonderful entries! Better luck next time🍀

UPDATE - COMPETITION CLOSED

The competition is now closed and we will draw the winner from all the eligible entries in the next 24 hours. So, keep your fingers crossed and an eye on your Private Message inbox.

Thanks to everyone who contributed some brilliant entries. We had over two thousand posts ! Keep up the great work everyone; the SMARTY Community belongs to us all and succeeds because of your great contributions.

Cut yourself a slice of cake and stick on a party hat, because we're celebrating one whole year of the SMARTY Community 🎉

If this is news for you - where have you been? The Community is the fount of SMARTY knowledge, where anyone can ask, and answer, any question that pops up.

To celebrate an amazing first year, we are giving you the chance to win one of 15 £100 Amazon vouchers.

How can I enter?

Simply log in to the SMARTY Community platform and answer one or more of the questions in the "Let us know about your favourite bargain" article, before the draw closes on the 21st of January 2024.

• What was the best bargain you've ever found?
  • What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

The Draw

There are 15 £100 Amazon vouchers up for grabs, that we'll draw using a Random Number Generator, so get your entry in now.

If you are not already part of the Community, fear not - signing up takes seconds once you are there.

Competition terms can be found here.

Best of Luck.

Team SMARTY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
2,152 REPLIES 2,152

DamianDr_458409
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Bargain tips, shop around, look for discount codes and then check places like quidco for further discounts, saved over £400 in the last 4 years in cashback. 

DanielH_2067557
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Switching from EE to smarty

JamesMa_1991699
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

number one tip - social media marketplaces 

EllaFar_1460997
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain ever came from Amazon refurbished!

My best bargain this year are the savings from my lidl plus app... the free bakery items hit different, and lots of small wins definitely add up

My tips for a best bargain are to sign up for email lists and cashback.

Richard_2361564
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I ever got was purchasing my Smarty sim, my only regret is, I should have done it earlier. 

BillyPr_2376740
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

1. Best bargain was my fiancées engagement ring got a great deal

2. best bargain this year is Asda 3 for £24 on fizzy drink crates haha

3. Google always helps with bargains

Richard_2251065
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer
  • What is your number one tip for getting a bargain? - use websites like hotukdeals to find great bargains.

JeanO
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

.  The best bargain I have ever found was two inverter heaters for the price of £250, the usual cost is £450 each. 
.  The best bargain bagged this year was swapping my mobile provider to SMARTY - it’s saved me nearly £30 per month and I have a much better data allowance. 
.  My tip for finding a bargain is to do some research rather than buying the first thing that you come across. 

AndrewM_2200380
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

.The best bargain i habe ever fpund is deffently the smarty cashback I think it's amazing 

.The best bargain of the year is finding out about smarty and how cheap it is 

.my tip is to always look around and look into deals before picking the first deal you see 

SquPaulStephen
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I received 2 tickets to the 2012 Olympic games, quarter finals football, Team GB versus South Korea because I took out a new contract with 3(Samsung Galaxy S2) while 3 were offering tickets as a prize. I went to Millennium Stadium, Cardiff to watch the football match and it was my birthday too! Only downside was that Team GB lost the game Boohoo! 🤩🤩🤩

Bustersdad
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Bought some clothes at a recent sales event and saved a lot for things that would have cost me a lot of money prior to a holiday 

JoeWasse_592205
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Best bargain I "found" this year was actually just on the John Lewis app, got a lot of money off over Christmas on things i planned to buy anyway because of their daily rewards up to Christmas.

Number one tip would be getting loyalty apps, I save so much money just having the apps, especially for food, I get free food from Greggs on my birthday as well as a Doughnut from Krispy Kreme which I barely go to, just get all the apps, if you don't like using your email then make a "bad" email to get spammed promotions with or use Apple relay for those with Apple.

Paulita_2303490
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The cost of the plan is very affordable without compromising on service. I also was able to upgrade without needing a contract. 

Michelle_547548
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
  • The best bargain I've ever found was a metallic lilac Versace handbag I bought in a charity shop!!! It was gorgeous and less than £5. 
  • The best bargain I've bagged this year was the 2024 January sale at M&S.
  • My number one tip for getting a bargain is to WAIT for the SALES. You are sure to find something special at a price much lower than RRP.

HaadiaK_1284347
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

My best bargain this year was the plan of 50gb data for £10 

JonRyder_419483
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The best bargain I ever had was switching to Smarty from EE and buying a Chinese smartphone instead of Samsung/Apple. Monthly cost down from 55 to 8 and now have plenty of data from being a loyal smarty customer. Taking into account the phone purchase price saved 928 pounds over two years and the service and phone have been as good as what I had experienced before 

tarandio_994771
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I’ve bagged this year was £200 of my holiday on black friday 

Tips for bargains is to check holiday websites around sale periods as they tend to give high discounts for limited time 

Rose-Mari_82135
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Smarty

Kirsten_2216952
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?
Probably switching from EE to SMARTY and not only getting 20x as much data for less than double the price but also getting free roaming during my Europe trips 👍

HaadiaK_1284347
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Best bargain was the 50gb for £10

RealAthle69
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Refurbed laptop from Currys

Free meals from mystery shopping.

Research, explore and try

KatieSim_844731
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

What was the best bargain you've ever found?

- a vase by my favourite artist in a charity shop!

What was the best bargain you've bagged this year?

- way too many reduced mince pies after Christmas 😭

What is your number one tip for getting a bargain?

- keep your eyes peeled!

DoreenS_2115323
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

Smarty is best

SiobhanH_502923
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hey, I been with smarty for some time now and they are excellent they gove the best network coverage from any other provider I've ever had, and I've been with a lot of network providers. Also ove had a bad 3/4 years and I would love nothing more than to take my autistic son on a holiday, we have been through hell and back, all I would like is to have one nice week away with him and my mum and step dad. So I would be very grateful if you could pick me for this. It would mean the absolute word to us all. Thank you 

S.Hopkings 

JelenaJo_384860
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best package deals available on the market.  My favorite is   great deal with adds-ons  for EU calls 

Awesome Black Friday deals  for data/calls packages 

RobertS_1445323
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

my best bargain I have over the past year is Smarty Sim Only card.
been the best service both in the UK and in Europe.
Thank You Smarty People 😊

BH
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best advice for a bargain is patience. Setup email reminders on sites when prices change, and keep any eye on the prices regularly yourself.  And don't fall prey to FOMO,.

LiamTwig_720084
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

1. Best bargain I ever found was a Wedgwood teaset I bought for £20 that I sold on for £700 (or 70 months worth of SMARTY paid for 😎).

RickyKnight
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Best bargain I’ve ever found : Smarty social tariff 

best bargain I’ve bagged this year : smarty social tariff 

number one tip for getting a bargain : shop around & check small print 

TomCook_1993538
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargains eh?

I love looking for bargains, whether it be the Tesco reduced aisle or scouring ebay for used goods!

My best recent bargain came when doing the latter. I was looking for a new DJ mixer, nothing special but needed 2 channels and USB capability. I was expecting to spend within the region of £100 for a decent second hand example, when i stumbled across a fine example for just £25. I waited as the clock ticked down and then siexed my moment - I bid £26 in the last seconds and won. Upon further research I had bought a 'nearly new' example of a mixer worth £90 for just £26 plus shipping. Deal O' week. 

AuroreD_1721006
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best way to get a bargain is to look for any discounts or vouchers online before purchasing anything. I use Honey as a browser add on as well to make this process easier and I’ve saved quite a bit with it. 
An important thing when it comes to bargains is that it’s not a bargain for you if you didn’t want the good or the service in the first place. 

Riccard_2079106
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Unlimited data, calls, text messages and more through SMARTY , AAAAAND, totally flexible contract, all for £18 a month !? I say that’s a bargain. 😃

Well, 2024 just started so he’s to tell, but the other day I got a cheeky little discount at Asda checkout and I was chuffed. It’s the little things in life that go a long way. 

Shane-P_2039041
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I’ve found in 2023 was the deal to get unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 100GB of data for £12 a month! What a bargain 

STFM
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Best bargain I had found this year was brand new 27" HP FHD Monitor for £80.00 

The best way to find a good bargain is to check the special offer days such as 20% discount from the sellers on online platforms during the holiday festive times. Especially at the end of the year companies would like to decrease their stocked items and they offer special deals.

BenB
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I've ever found was £15 return flights to Prague from London Stansted for a long weekend - amazing value for money to visit such a beautiful city. 

This last year, sticking with the travel theme, the best bargain I found was genuinely the Smarty phone contract. As someone who travels a lot, the EU roaming at no extra cost has been perfect and a real useful tool to help with travelling on a budget. 

Top tip for finding travel bargains! Never take luggage for a long weekend. You can fit so much in a rucksack if you pack properly, you really will be surprised how little you use when you are away for 4 or 5 days. A jacket with big pockets is also good to utilise. Flights are considerably cheaper when you travel with just an under the seat bag!

Lindsay
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My number one tip for getting a bargain is to buy whatever you need when it’s out of season.

LucieSho_879199
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

A free sofa using Facebook marketplace. Although it can be awkward going round to a stranger’s home, take a friend with you and you can get some real bargains in your area. So much more sustainable than shopping 

Madison_1706482
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

The best bargain I've ever found was when I only paid £580 for a £1,000 TV, by converting my Quidco cashback into vouchers to pay for almost half the cost.

The best bargain I've bagged this year is when I bought a clothes airer which was originally for sale at £40. The day before I bought it there was a voucher code for a third off. The voucher code was expiring that day, but I decided not to buy the airer. The following day the airer was reduced in price by a third. I decided to try the voucher code that had been active the previous day, and it still worked, so I got the £40 product for £17.77 - Absolute bargain!!!

My number one tip for getting a bargain is to shop around online, try voucher codes, and always shop through Quidco - I've had so many bargains by doing those thing.

Imyd
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Joining smarty. Saved lots compared to previous provider

JD123
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My £4.50 Turkey last Christmas Eve was a massive bargain! Probably the best bargain I’ve ever found in a while