cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi Fi calling support?

ChrisStev_35365
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Looking at the devices supported for the wi-fi calling feature, many of them are pretty dated (going back to 2018), which means finding one new is pretty difficult.  Has anyone had any luck with getting a newer handset working?  Is there any need for pre branding 3 software on some devices, to be able to enable the wi-fi calling feature? 

4 REPLIES 4

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Just get the phone you want.

My phone, Asus Zenfone 9, isnt on Smarty's "approved list", but works fine, including wifi calling.

Other people on this forum also use phones which are not on the list without any issues.

ramble
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Which phones are you considering? I use a Samsung S23 (bought from Samsung) and Wi-Fi calling works as expected. 

Thanks.  I was told by Motorola tech support, that retail versions of some of their handsets, do not support wi-fi calling. To work, they must have pre-brand software provided, by the carrier.  Unfortunately, I have a Motorola handset!  Other handsets appear to have wi-fi calling as a native feature, which your replies have just confirmed.  Thanks again!

I can only suggest the obvious of reading your phone's manual, or googling "does my Motorola "x" phone have wifi calling"