cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Personal Greeting Resets to Default Message Every Few Months - Why?

cdub
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ever since you introduced the new voicemail system last year, I have noticed my personally recorded greetings keep getting wiped after a couple of months and I have to record the greeting. This has become very frustrating especially when I record an extended absence greeting when I a, on holiday and stop callers from leaving messages and then find that it’s turned itself off and reset all my personal greetings back to the smarty default message.

I have spoken to someone on the message system but they were under the impression that the new voicemail system did not have the option to record a person greeting, even though I explained its option 3 on the voicemail menu but they still insisted that the default smarty message was the only option. More training needed here I think.

I notice another user has posted the same issue here in the community but smarty just asked them to contact smarty directly, but the user never posted any more replies so not sure if they got it sorted.

Is anyone else having this problem? And Smarty why does this keep happening? All was fine under the old voicemail system this new system is a real step backwards.

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@cdub I'm not sure if others are having the problem and it does not really affect me. The main point is that you ask Smarty why this is happening and I do not think that you will receive a reply from them as such.

If you are not getting a satisfactory response from web chat, then you will need to raise it as a complaint.

cdub
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@MSFWould still like to hear from anyone else that is using a personal greeting and having the same issue and also if they managed to get the problem resolved or resolved it themselves.