Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Sim in Thailand.

JADA1953
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi ,

I am flying to Thailand next week for a 4months stay,with regard to using the Smarty UK Sim card,I have already activated the APN prior to departure,can you please advise on questions below:

1. Do I have to put an Add On credit amount on my phone prior to departure to receive and make calls,or can this be done when abroad?

2.Any other things I should know prior to departure regarding use of Smarty Sim in Thailand?

Thank you and Regards

Jim.

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@JADA1953 

1. Yes, you will need a fair bit of credit in order to use your phone in Thailand. Take a look at the Price Guide p18 - 20:https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf?_gl=1*1cgqpw6*_ga*MTU4MjA5NjUwOS4xNzAwNDcwODMz.... As long as you can access your account, I cannot see why you cannot apply top-ups if you have a card registered to your account.

2. You could consider buying a local SIM card for that period of time - it should be much cheaper. You can suspend your monthly Smarty plans while away - stop the auto-renew. Your sim will deactivate only if you do not put on a plan or credit for 180 days. You may also find free wifi in places and could call via something like WhatsApp.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

You can use an add on to access the services but you will only be able to use the services for up to 60 consecutive days