cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Esim

GaryBea_2660726
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am planning to go to Thailand soon, and I am wanting to get an esim on my Samsung S22 Ultra. My phone is compatible for Esims, but Smarty says it does not support Esims. Looking at some of the previous post, I think I could still use an esim, can anyone clarify this as this is the first time I have looked at doing this? Is there any idiot proof instructions out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GaryBea_2660726  When using data (the most common and practicable solution) you use something like WhatsApp to call contacts (other apps are available). You then appear by your name  or number.

If you buy one of the plans that has call minutes, I'm not sure but would hazard a guess that it is an allocated number for the Esim - I say that because the data Esim does actually come with a random number (which you never use, but I guess it identifies the Esim on systems).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GaryBea_2660726  Smarty do not support E-sims for their own network. However, if you have a compatible phone, then you can certainly use one for roaming (especially outside the EU as that can be an extortionate cost).

I have used them in an iPhone with success and found the price reasonable. There are number of providers and you need to research which one offers what you need.

They always offer data but some also offer plans with calls. There are different amounts of data and different plan lengths. They may also offer choice of country, region or global Esim - check which is best for you

My personal experience was with Airalo and I found it very straightforward using their app..

Great, thanks for that. If I got an esim with calls as well as data, do you keep your same contact number or is it a different one, do you know?

@GaryBea_2660726  When using data (the most common and practicable solution) you use something like WhatsApp to call contacts (other apps are available). You then appear by your name  or number.

If you buy one of the plans that has call minutes, I'm not sure but would hazard a guess that it is an allocated number for the Esim - I say that because the data Esim does actually come with a random number (which you never use, but I guess it identifies the Esim on systems).

GaryBea_2660726
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Great, thanks for your replies.