cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using old sim card while with smarty

Malgorz_2638094
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I just ordered a new smarty card and plan and chose to keep my old number. After activation, can I still use my old sim card? My phone is a bit broken and it may be tricky to take off the sim tray. 

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Malgorz_2638094 If you are trying to move your old number from one existing Smarty sim to a new Smarty sim, you cannot do that directly.

If your old sim is not available, you may be better off reporting it as lost or stolen via your account dashboard. You will then be sent a replacement sim that need s to be activated following the instructions. Your account will be suspended until you activate the replacement sim.

Im moving my number from o2 to smarty 

IF you are hoping to leep using your O2 SIM card with your Smarty Number because you are concerned that it msy be tricky to remove the SIM tray, as your phone is apparently a 'bit broken' , then No, thats not possible. As yiu are switching to Smarty, you need yo use a Smarty SIM card.

@Malgorz_2638094 Once you move the number from O2 to Smarty, then I expect that the old O2 sim will 'die' and can no longer be used.

If you break the sim when you take it out of the phone, then it will not matter. Although it should really come out without problem. If the phone breaks when you remove the old sim, then there's not much you can do unfortunately.