Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable To Send Or Receive MMS Pictures on Samsung Android

scle_1887438
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi All!

Read about the issues concerning I-phone to I-phone, but is anybody having issues with being unable to send or receive pictures to other phones. In this instance attempting to send from a Samsung Android to I-phone. Any help regarding the correct set up or if SMARTY has restrictions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @scle_1887438  There is a size limit on MMS messages of about 300Kb - not sure if you are aware of that and whether that may be the problem. iPhone to IPhone works on iMessage and that's a bit different.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @scle_1887438  There is a size limit on MMS messages of about 300Kb - not sure if you are aware of that and whether that may be the problem. iPhone to IPhone works on iMessage and that's a bit different.

Hi there!  Thanks very much for your quick reply.   Assuming these limits apply to both incoming and outgoing MMS; I was unaware there was 300kb size limit. This most probably explains the inability to receive iPhone texted images. So in short, anybody sending text with images using the SMARTY network would need to be aware of these limits... and anybody sending images to a SMARTY network user would need to be  notified of these size restrictions prior to them doing so.  Thanks again, you have been most helpful ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi @scle_1887438  It's not just Smarty that has the size limit. I believe it applies across all networks - certainly was the case when I used O2 some time ago.

Hi @MSF !  I'd only just now figured out how to use @MSF. Thanks again!  ๐Ÿ˜

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

Hi @scle_1887438 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Make sure your mobile data is set to 'on' when you send a picture message otherwise they don't seem to want to send ๐Ÿ™„. If you are like me then you keep it turned off until you need to use it ๐Ÿ˜

If your data is always on then I apologise as I don't know what the problem could be โ˜น๏ธ

Hi @Decembersangel ! Thank you very much for your reply. There's also no need for you to apologize for providing positive suggestions regarding whether mobile data was on or off. Anybody else reading this post who found themselves in a similar situation, may well see that your suggestion is an actual solution to their issue. Much appreciated. Thanks again.