Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tplink tapo camera wan connectivity

anonimo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

Hopefully not double posting as although I posted once and my 'stats' say I have 1 post, I cannot see it anywhere, unless in some moderation process for 1st post?

Essentially I am trying to get my Tp-Link Tapo C325 WB security cameras working with a smarty sim and a Zyxel lte 3316-m604 4g modem router.

The Zyxel is setup and working fine, including with VOIP. However, the cameras are only viewable by the Tapo App when the client is on the LAN.

As far as I can see, the architecture of the camera system is that each camera punches a hole OUT over the want to a TP-link cloud server and when a client app wants to view over the internet, it connects to the cloud server (ie relay) rather than direct in to the router with port forwarding.

Notwithstanding that, I have dropped the router firewall altogether temporarily and that has not made a difference.

Which leads me to suspect either

a). When the cameras punch out, it may be the tp link cloud server being connected to does not like the fact that the smarty wan IP keeps changing because of cgnat.

or

b). There is something on the firewall side, like the adult content filter, that is blocking the connection out.

For various reasons at present I do not have dedicated connectivity logs, but is there a known issue here?

I have also read that the tp link cameras can send out 100s if not 1000s of DNS records, which they do not cache, so wonder whether some security system on smarty recognises this and shuts it down.

main host name I have read online is euw1-relay-dcipc.i.tplinkbu.com

I will endeavour to get some detailed logging going to figure out what is going on, but any shortcuts appreciated.

thanks

0 REPLIES 0