Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tp-link tapo cameras not connecting

anonimo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I have recently installed a Zyxel lte3316-m604 4g router to use with my smarty sim.

Connectivity is fine, both for general internet activity and VOIP.

However, my TP-Link Tapo C325WB Security Cameras would appear to be having problems communicating outbound to the TP-Link Cloud server. (The cameras connect to the cloud server and then when a user is out and about (ie off the lan), they connect to the cameras via an app to the tp-link cloud server).

I have dropped the router firewall temporarily, but that is not the issue and to be clear, I am not trying to open a route IN to the router, which is why port forwarding and a static IP (which you cant get on smarty anyway afaik)  is not the solution here

Which leads me to suspect it is either an issue with the fact smarty uses cgnat and the router wan address is constantly changing (which maybe the  tp-link cloud server does not like) or, there is a firewall or additional filtering at the smarty/three end (which seems plausible, given there is an adult content filter by default, for example).I have not captured the endpoints that are failing to connect yet, but other posts on the internet suggest something like euw1-relay-dcipc.i.tplinknbu.com

I have also read that tapo cameras can be 'chatty' and make 100s of DNS requests without caching them. Which again I am wondering whether this is causing a threat detection system to kick in somewhere.

Would be good to know whether anyone has worked through and solved this already on smarty.

thanks

0 REPLIES 0