Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no service after joining Smarty

ChrisGo_2486818
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Hi Smarty community,

I am posting every day to an update of my ongoing port problem.

In summary, since joining Smarty I have been unable to receive any call or receive any texts which I normally use for 2FA/MFA.

I am hoping that one day, someone within the community will understand what a problem it would cause if this happended to them and has the ability to escalate this to a resolution.

For reference, this problem is due to a failure in the porting of my number. My understanding is that Smarty needs to restart this or contact the previous provider to resolve.

Below is my experience so far...

5th Jan - Signed up (A really good experience. Website is clear, simple and the whole process very easy). I provided my PAC code during sign-up in the provided section.

9th Jan – After receiving good communication via email, my sim had arrived, and I logged into the portal and activated the sim.

10th Jan - The port of my old number partially occurred around 2:00pm. I switched off my phone and swapped to the new sim.

11th Jan – Web Chat: 13 x sent messages, 11 x received messages. Summary: Port delayed, need to wait

12th Jan - Web Chat: 8 x sent messages, 8 x received messages. Summary: waiting for an update from the team

13th Jan - Web Chat: 13 x sent messages, 9 x received messages. Summary: Reset phone, clear cache etc. Ticket has been raised for a split port issue.

14th Jan - Web Chat: 2 x sent messages, 3 x received messages. Summary: Team has chased network for file exchange

15th Jan - Web Chat: 15 x sent messages, 17 x received messages. Summary: No update, wait until end of the day. Given complaints link. Reset phone, clear cache etc. Received £5 for inconvenience.

Other: Received an email stating port was complete

16th Jan - Web Chat: 15 x sent messages, 8 x received messages. Summary: Port will take 3-5 business days to complete.

Other: Raised a formal complaint.

17th Jan - Web Chat: 20 x sent messages, 26 x received messages. Summary: Reset phone, clear cache etc. Told port is complete. Reboot phone, remove/insert sim. Requested details of inbound calls. Passed to “dedicated tech support team”

18th Jan - Web Chat: 7 x sent messages, 5 x received messages. Summary: Issue being chased by the “special team”

19th Jan - Web Chat: 19 x sent messages, 22 x received messages. Summary: specified "We made a test call to the user where the call rang and had a normal end of call.". Reset phone, clear cache etc.

20th Jan - Web Chat: 11 x sent messages, 9 x received messages. Summary: said "The team has got the issue, now and are working on it."

21st Jan - Web Chat: 5 x sent messages, 6 x received messages. Summary: Said "The team are still looking into it"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

I finally found a solution and all is now working perfectly ‌‌
My solution was to get a PAC code from Smarty and port to a new provider which solved all the problems.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for your help and support, it was appreciated.

Regards

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

If you can make calls and send text messages, @ChrisGo_2486818, then it sounds like a split-port. 

You'll probably be a the mercy of number porting teams at SMARTY Mobile and your old service provider until they get this fixed. 

Hi Chalkychap,

Thats exactly what has happened. Unfortunately 13 days on web chat and 6 formal complaints have still failed to get Smarty to understands this. "Not so Smarty" in my opinion 😁

Literally this morning (23rd Jan), I received this after chasing (yet again)

ChrisGo_2486818_0-1706020539704.png

When I said it still wasn't working thay said (yet again) I needed to order a replacement sim.

Regardless of how often I say callers hear "The number dialed has not been recognised" they cannot seem to grasp (13 days later) that this is not a sim or phone issue.

I am collating a bucket of screenshots of the Web chat which I will share. I'm sure it will make a mix of OMG and a good laugh for people

Hi All,

I finally found a solution and all is now working perfectly ‌‌
My solution was to get a PAC code from Smarty and port to a new provider which solved all the problems.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for your help and support, it was appreciated.

Regards

Chris

Vanessa_2772615
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My sim card was set up today but I'm having same trouble. No network!

@Vanessa_2772615 Does your account dashboard show the sim mobile number and an active Smarty plan? If so, then all should be well.

May be worth turning the phone off and then back on to force it to register to the network.

If that doesn't work, you'll need a web chat with Smarty Support before 8pm