cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarty Wi-Fi name and password

timSmith_433342
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’m trying to connect my Home Camera to PAYG Smarty mobile WiFi network, using Sony Xperia XA1 phone. The Camera App is asking for WiFi name and password. Doesn’t anyone know how to find these ?

Many Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your suggestion didn’t work on the phone but worked on my IPad connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot on the phone.

The Camera App “Wansview cloud”, the phone version, wouldn’t recognise the Wi-Fi name “Xperia” I had assigned to the phone in the mobile Wi-Fi hotspot settings on the phone.

I then tried Ipad instead. I loaded the same Camera App on to my IPad which was connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot on the phone. This time the IPad camera App version recognised the Wi-Fi name “Xperia” and the camera worked.

It seems  there’s bug in the Camera App phone version for the  Android  7.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@timSmith_433342 From what you say, I think that you need to look in the phone settings and find the mobile/personal hotspot password details. You should see something like 'timsmith's phone' who the camera searches for a wifi network and the password comes from the phone's settings as described.

Admittedly, this applies to an iPhone, but the principle should be the same regardless i.e. the camera needs to find the network and then you need the password to join that network.

Your suggestion didn’t work on the phone but worked on my IPad connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot on the phone.

The Camera App “Wansview cloud”, the phone version, wouldn’t recognise the Wi-Fi name “Xperia” I had assigned to the phone in the mobile Wi-Fi hotspot settings on the phone.

I then tried Ipad instead. I loaded the same Camera App on to my IPad which was connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot on the phone. This time the IPad camera App version recognised the Wi-Fi name “Xperia” and the camera worked.

It seems  there’s bug in the Camera App phone version for the  Android  7.

Thanks for your help.

@timSmith_433342 ...and therein I rest my main case for using Apple products, m'lud !!🤓