cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarty not connecting in Dibsi

Parndee_1932892
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I have changed the settings in mobile network per your note and also enabled roaming but I still cannot connect to the network in Dubai 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Parndee_1932892  Your monthly money buys a Smarty plan but that can only be used in the UK or in the EU when roaming.

If you want to roam anywhere else (e.g. Dubai) then you need to add extra credit to your account to pay for all usage. Details are shown in the Price Guide https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf?_gl=1*1r9xn96*_ga*OTI5NTcxNTk4LjE2OTM3NDM3MTI.....

United Arab Emirates covers Dubai and that is band 3 so that will cost £1 per megabyte (NOT gigabyte) and £2.50 per minute to call or 40p for a text - in addition it's £1 per min to receive a call.

You will need to add a load of cash to your account unfortunately. Possibly best to rely on free wifi wherever you can find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

Have you got any credit added on your SMARTY account @Parndee_1932892

You can't use your plan's UK allowances to roam in Dubai.

Hi I have the UK £10 rolling monthly contract unlimited calls & 60g data is that not sufficient to roam in Dubai ? Do I need to purchase an add-on has well?

No, Dubai isn't included in roaming as it isn't in the EU. You will need cash credit to roaming and data will charge per MB 

Parndee_1932892
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I have a £10 monthly rolling contract direct debit 

@Parndee_1932892  Your monthly money buys a Smarty plan but that can only be used in the UK or in the EU when roaming.

If you want to roam anywhere else (e.g. Dubai) then you need to add extra credit to your account to pay for all usage. Details are shown in the Price Guide https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf?_gl=1*1r9xn96*_ga*OTI5NTcxNTk4LjE2OTM3NDM3MTI.....

United Arab Emirates covers Dubai and that is band 3 so that will cost £1 per megabyte (NOT gigabyte) and £2.50 per minute to call or 40p for a text - in addition it's £1 per min to receive a call.

You will need to add a load of cash to your account unfortunately. Possibly best to rely on free wifi wherever you can find it.

Thanks for your reply MSF it is very helpful I think you’re right just  stick with WiFi 😃