cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smarty network access point settings

Rose_2015722
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Im in the process of setting up a Nokia 2660 flip phone, something basic for my Dad to use.

The only networks the phone can find are ee, Vodaphone or o2. The phone cant make or receive calls or texts, Ive tested this with my working smarty SIM and the same happens. His SIM works fine in my smart phone.

Ive searched everywhere online and I cant find the access point points settings. Any help would be appreciated thanks

it asks for: access points, username, password, gateway, port, auth type, set homepage

9 REPLIES 9

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Rose_2015722 If his phone will not pick up the Three network, it may be that there is no viable signal in his area. Does your phone pick up a signal when you are at his home?

As far as I'm aware, there is no need to enter any settings in a phone - you simply insert the activated sim.

Have you checked Coverage and also Network Status for his postcode? There may be a local mast issue - particularly if you cannot pick up a signal with your phone.

Rose_2015722
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Like I said both Smarty SIMs are working fine in other phones there is no problem with signal in my area, our whole household are on smarty.

The problem is there are no Smarty/ 3 network settings available on the phone I've purchased Nokia 2660 and I need to add them manually. I just need to know what they are. thanks

@Rose_2015722 But, if the phone cannot even detect the Three/Smarty network, I don't see how you can enter settings?

Just wondering if the phone is so old that it will not pick up the frequency that Three runs on? Others who are more 'techie' may jump in with more info.

Yes. @MSF You hit the nail on the head in the second paragraph. As the 2600 is not picking up the three network, itโ€™s not compatible with three. Looks like itโ€™s an old 2G handset, so wonโ€™t pick up three / smarty, as of course, three never had a 2G network. 

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

As mentioned by @MSF There is possibly no three signal at your dads place (Three being the parent company of Smarty)

Or, depending on its age, as there has been a few iterations of the 2600, itโ€™s simply not compatible with three / smarty. The fact that your dadโ€™s SIM card works fine in your smartphone, would be an indicator of this, as you know the SIM card works, so that can be ruled out. 

Rose_2015722
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

The phone is an unlocked nokia 2660 that was released 2 years ago it's from Argos https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3083646?storeID=4492&istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf911...

I am setting up the phone at my house where we have 3 signal with 5 devices all with Smarty. The SIM has been put in another phone which is fine. 

The phone has a signal a full 4g one it just doesn't appear to have the appropriate Smarty/ 3 settings to make or receive calls and texts sorry for the confusion there. thanks 

You are missing the major point - The phone is not picking up three, Smartyโ€™s parent network, so even if you had the settings, it still would not work on Smarty, as the phone is not picking up the Three network. 

As this is the Smarty community forum, we are customers, just like you, we donโ€™t work for Smarty. 

I would suggest one of two things :

1, Start a webchat with Smarty, which is available from 08.00 - 20.00 seven days a week.

2, As Smarty is owned by Three, it may be worth popping into a Three store to see if they can help you. 

EDIT : I have just looked at the link you sent, which of course goes to the Argos website, and I note that in the description of the phone, Argos themselves say the phone can be used on EE, O2 and Vodafone. There is no mention of Three anywhere in the phoneโ€™s description. 

I am waiting for a response from Smarty just thought i might get an answer here.
Strange in the product description I cant see any mention of network names. However in the questions on the page a member of staff has replied that it supports a three sim card. 

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Are you within the Midlands area where Three UK (SMARTY Mobile's parent) have shutdown their 3G network, @Rose_2015722

Within this area you'll need a device with VoLTE capability.

Perhaps the MVNO SMARTY Mobile don't have a network profile for the Nokia 2660 handset. However, Three UK appear to support the device on their mobile network.