cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sim Swap Error

YvetteJ_2971120
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've recently transferred my old number and provider to Smarty. But my bank is telling me there is a Sim Swap Error which means I cannot use my banking debit card to make online orders. Visa Secure Password would normally receive the change of provider and automatically update. But it hasn't. Does anyone know what I do next? My bank can do nothing and Smarty are saying it's not their fault either.

3 REPLIES 3

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

So it sounds like you are no longer receiving the code your bank / Visa texts to you when you are trying to make an online purchase, even though you used to receive these on the same phone number before you moved it to Smarty?

How long ago did you transfer your number to Smarty, and did you receive a confirmation text and email from Smarty that the transfer completed successfully?

While this issue is ongoing, can you choose to authenticate the transaction using your online banking app instead of receiving a code via text?

Hi, yes that is exactly correct. It was 3 October when Smarty became my new provider. Yes, they emailed to say it was completed. I don't know how to authenticate the transaction using my online banking app via online instead of a code text. I've been paying via Paypal instead to get round the issue.

Thanks for confirming.

When I do an online transaction I think I usually get the option of either receiving a code via text, or approving the transaction through my mobile banking app. If I choose the banking app option, I receive a notification on my phone, which I then tap to open the app. In the app I then tap a button to approve the transaction.

Good to hear you've got the PayPal workaround at least.