Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming in france not working

mosheco_2647700
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

any tips to get messages and calls working whilst roaming in france, i have changed the apn and data and picture messaging works fine just calls and text not working. everything worked fine in italy but in france there seems to be a problem.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@mosheco_2647700  Seems strange that it all worked in Italy but not in France.

Have you tried turning off and then on again to force a fresh connection?

View solution in original post

@mosheco_2647700  Another possible option is to change the phone from automatic network selection to manual and then try the various networks that it picks up (but obviously not the one that failed you up to now)

When you mention picture messaging, are you referring to something like WhatsApp? That runs on data.

If that still doesn't do the trick, try a web chat with Smarty Support to see if they can check everything. ( I'm assuming that your plan didn't run out but you had a data add-on left in your account)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@mosheco_2647700  Seems strange that it all worked in Italy but not in France.

Have you tried turning off and then on again to force a fresh connection?

sorry i mistakenly pressed accept as solution, i have tried turning my phone on and off many times nut it has still not helped

@mosheco_2647700  Another possible option is to change the phone from automatic network selection to manual and then try the various networks that it picks up (but obviously not the one that failed you up to now)

When you mention picture messaging, are you referring to something like WhatsApp? That runs on data.

If that still doesn't do the trick, try a web chat with Smarty Support to see if they can check everything. ( I'm assuming that your plan didn't run out but you had a data add-on left in your account)

yes i have tried that already. when i say picture messaging i mean sending pictures through the messaging apps which smarty offer free with all plans it runs off data like whatsapp. but data is not the problem as that works fine just basic texting and calling not working.

will try a webchat with smarty thanks.

@mosheco_2647700  OK. Still not sure what you mean by 'the messaging apps which Smarty offer free with all plans' - sms is included but is not an app - the app is on your phone. Normally  picture is too big to send via sms (300kb limit)

if you have goole messaging it compresses the picture to around 70kb so you can send through normal messaging apps, its known as MMS

i meant that smarty offers free MMS (picture messaging) with all plans not that they offer free messaging apps. the messaging apps are just what you use to send MMS

JuliaGo_1598755
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have the same problem and have tried all the above to no avail. 

@JuliaGo_1598755  Then the only option is to web chat with Smarty Support.

Tried the online help with a chat bot and it was suggested that I buy an add-on. I already have one that I haven't used.  I think I have sorted out the issue but am not sure how.