cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with phoning back a number

JoanKyle_528603
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a IPhone and a relative has an I phone.  She had problems with her phone and had to get it reset and a new sim from her provider.  I used to get calls from her which her phone had ben dialling when she had the fault.  On my phone now I cannot message her on iPhone messenger it comes up green as text message and not an i message.  She can phone me on my IPhone and I can receive her call if I answer the call straight away.  It comes up on my contacts with her phoning.  If I don’t answer straight away it registers she has phoned me on Recents calls.  When I try to phone her back I get message “This number is not recognised”. Yet it comes she has phoned me.  Yet I can text her (not i message her). I have deleted her contact details and re-entered them again - but the same thing happens. Her contact number and details are the only one number that this happens to.  I do not have any problems with all my other contacts.  Very confused and don’t understand it all. Is my sim faulty now?  Please advise if you can - thanks?

2 REPLIES 2

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @JoanKyle_528603 

This is only a hunch but sounds like your relative needs to update the number on their phone. I've put the steps below for this, please let me know how you get on with this.

1. Go to Settings on your relative's device

2. Go to Messages - turn off iMessage

3. Go back to Settings, click on Phone, click on My Number and edit this to the correct mobile number

4. Click Save, back to iMessage, turn on, then check Send & Recieve (Just underneath where it says iMessage and check that the number your relative wishes to use is ticked for both receive/reply and to start new conversations from.

Hope this helps!

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

If you're not having a problem with any of your other contacts @JoanKyle_528603, then it sound like a problem with your relative's iPhone, SIM, or service provider.

You could try deleting your relative's Contact details from your iPhone and see what happens.