Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Poor call quality

ZM_2754202
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

Since I transferred to Smarty last month, the call quality on my S22 (always fine on O2) has plummeted. Wherever I am, the person on the other end says the call sounds faint, or every few words drop out. My mother has always had the exact same issue on Smarty, in a different place. But weirdly, if I use Bluetooth headphones or put the phone on loudspeaker, it's fine.

Any tips? Smarty just keep telling me that a mast nearby isn't fully working, but I have this issue all over the place. I've reset phone and renetred the SIM.

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ZM_2754202 If you can get a good call quality when on loudspeaker or via bluetooth headphones, is it possible that the phone microphone/speakers have a fault? Hard to see why it would work perfectly otherwise.

I thought that, but I've tried a Vodafone sim and it works fine.

@ZM_2754202  Just a thought - have you tried gently cleaning the Smarty sim and trying it again?

ZM_2754202
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I thought I'd update this. I've switched to Talkmobile (Vodafone) and the improvement in signal quality and call quality has been immediate. Why this faintness problem exists with Three is a mystery, but not my problem any more.