LouiseC_1184417
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I renewed my plan but still can't make calls after an hour 

6 REPLIES 6

MichaelM_377112
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I haven't been able to make calls properly for weeks. "Sim card not inserted" "not registered on network", frequently come up on my phone. Some times it works, most the time it doesn't. Trying to cancel and get a PAC code is also proving to be an impossible task for me with this company. Can not wait to get away from smarty.

There are some possibilities:

1. SIM card damaged and could need replacement.

2. Phone damaged.

Have you tried the SIM in another phone known to be working? This could give a clue as to the problem.

I'm beyond caring at this point about getting smarty service to work. It had always been atrocious inside and outside, intermittently working in multiple phones. I just simply want to leave at this point and they can't even provide me with a working PAC code either.

Before you leap out of the frying pan into the fire, can you check with friends/family who use other networks to see if they perform any better where you live?

Some years ago we lived in a village at the bottom of a slight dip and basically nothing worked unless we ran upstairs to take or make a call...even then it was not guaranteed.

Smarty is the dumpster fire. I have done all my checks with friends here. Vodafone and o2 work with no problems. Three and smarty are intermittent and rarely work, this isnt just my street and i do not live in a small village, this happens in multiple towns. I simply do not care for getting this to work and just want a pac code so I can keep my phone number. They in breach of OFCOM rules for not providing me with a valid code.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Have you tried the simple trick of powering the phone down and then back up again after a minute? This can force a phone to re-register to the network.