cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paypoint and auto renew feels like no choice

KevinBu_1727867
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello all I have never got anywhere with my other queries in the past so let's hope. I will not mention the fact that the speed I receive on unlimited data is unusable 40 percent of the time, unless I'm using a pack with limited data then it's bye bye 4g that's barely 2g speed wise and hello 5g half a gig speeds. 

Anyway...until the last week I was able to easily top-up 3 pound using paypoint and then use that for a daily unlimited pass. Then all of a sudden shops all saying the minimum is 6 pound.

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@KevinBu_1727867  As we are community forum members like you, we don't know what arrangements Paypoint make.

You may get more information from Smarty Support via web chat, but this may be a management issue - if it is not simply a PayPoint change of business practice.

I am a bit confused though. If you activate an Unlimited Day Pass, what's to say that it won't be at a time when your signal is poor and unusable for you?

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

See this old thread from last year

It could very well be its the shops imposing their own minimums - Four shops near me in Bristol will only accept paypoint top ups in multiples of ยฃ10 AND they insist the payment is made in cash !

Personally, I doubt this is right,  and have argued this a couple of times, to be told that when card machines fees are involved, they lose money, as the retailer gets 25p per payment transaction. Of course, I have no way of knowing if thatโ€™s true.

https://community.smarty.co.uk/t5/chats-hacks/minimum-pay-point-topup/m-p/2962#M2522