cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas fair usage

SheilaB_1860225
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have been outside the UK since 20/09/2024 & received a notification from Smarty about reaching the overseas fair data usage limit, so paid for more data as suggested in the message. Shortly afterwards, I received a further message advising reaching the overseas fair data usage limit again! Confut, I contacted one of your agents on this site (names Pradip) who looked into this & said it was fine to continue. I have now found an Recharge of over £58.00 on my bank account. Can you explain what is going on?

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@SheilaB_1860225 Regrettably, we cannot explain what is going on.......because we are forum members like you and don't work for Smarty.

You will need to web chat the agents again for further account info.

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

What do you mean by a 'recharge' on your bank account?

Smarty is a prepaid service, so it is not possible to rack up additional charges - you can only use services that are included in the package you've already paid for, plus any additional credit you've already chosen to add to your Smarty account for items which aren't included in your package.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@SheilaB_1860225  A very good point from @SmartyTrousers  here! I'm struggling somewhat to see what combination of plan and data would come to £58 in that time.Are you sure that this charge does not apply to another sim?