cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number vs Smarty nimber

EricLow_2474725
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I opted to retain my old number & it all ported over correctly. However, the Smarty number occasionally appears to display when I make calls or message some contacts. They don’t recognise the Smarty number & so don’t take the call. How do I disable/hide the Smarty number please.

2 REPLIES 2

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

you may want to change your message setting below is a guide if you have a android or an iPhone if this doesn't change anything i recommend speaking to our chat team who can give you account-specific information. https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

To update your iPhone number:
Go to Settings > Phone > My Number. You'll see your old temporary number which came with your SIM. Replace it with the number your transferring.

Android device:

Go to "Settings," tap "Network & Internet" or "Connections," select "SIM card" or "SIM cards & mobile networks," then choose "SIM card settings" or "Mobile networks." Finally, select "Phone number" and enter your new phone number

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Another option, in addition to suggestion by @Rebekah_150, might be to turn-OFF your handset and remove the SIM card, to be certain you're disconnected from the mobile network. Leave things like this overnight, before inserting the SIM card and restarting your handset. 

Hopefully, when you reconnect to the SMARTY network @EricLow_2474725, your handset + SIM will pick-up the correct subscriber information, including correct mobile phone number. 

🍀