cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Transfer

CollinB_1987914
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi  I completed the documentation for transfering my number to Smarty on the  14th or 15th of April I believe it takes One working day but its 3 working days and my number still hasn't been transfered please can you advise  regards Collin. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

15 April was a Saturday and so does not count. Request was therefore effectively on Monday 17 April and should have completed by Tuesday 18 April 5pm. You need to webchat with support to find out what has happened.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

15 April was a Saturday and so does not count. Request was therefore effectively on Monday 17 April and should have completed by Tuesday 18 April 5pm. You need to webchat with support to find out what has happened.

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Try these two links, what do they say about the status of the transfer?

https://smarty.co.uk/login?redirect=/dashboard/settings/phone-number
https://smarty.co.uk/login?redirect=/dashboard/transfer

For me when my transfer didn't work I found one (the latter iirc) said I'd requested it but it wasn't scheduled. WebChat fixed that for me 🙂 

sumayya_2092823
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Same issue here. I put a request to port my number from my old provider on Thursday 15th June. They told me by 5pm on 16th should be done, but nothing. I've spoken to 3 different webchats all said it's still in progress, it will get done tomorrow etc..? It's now day number 3 without messages. I'm just going to get a PAC code and move to a different network. This is ridiculous.! 

@sumayya_2092823  Worth raising as a complaint first. they do need to give you the reason for the delay. I believe that you may also be entitled to some compensation.

I wouldnt do this, at least not yet :

As your number appears to be "stuck" whilst porting, porting again could cause further issues.

Off the top of my head, the question is, as your number appears to be in limbo between your original network and Smarty, which of the two networks would you request a new PAC code from ?

Better to resolve the port to Smarty in the first instance, and then port from Smarty to another network if you choose to, otherwise you may find your number ending up in a black hole.