cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of rings before going to voicemail !

PaulFar_1859400
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Good morning community, I wondered if you could help me? I have moved over from Vodafone to SMARTY obviously to try and save myself some money.
My problem is my phone rings for 32 seconds before it goes to voicemail. I own and run a small business and most customers would put the phone down before waiting so long to leave a voicemail ! I would like it to be 12 to 15 seconds. Smarty operatives can’t help me 🤦‍♂️ This is really frustrating! Never had this problem with Vodafone….. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Paul 

13 REPLIES 13

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

I have just done some research on the 3 network.

It appears that this may be something that the support team can change for you (they can on 3 network at least), but you cannot do it yourself.

Why not try a web chat with Support Team? Let us know if it works out for you.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

This may not relevant but online and in the terms & conditions, SMARTY say their service is just for consumers and is only intended for personal use.

Emmanue_1314571
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello,
Call forwarding when unanswered timer.
General syntax: **61*voicemail_number**sec#
For a delay of 15s, dial: **61*+447782333123**15#
where sec value can be 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30.
To check if it is OK dial : *#61#
Regards.

Hi -I have followed this and can get confirmation that forward call goes to voicemail number, but call cuts out after 15 secs instead of connecting with voicemail which I have already set up. 

Smarty help team say the time to voicemail can't be changed. Has anyone changed it?

Check that when you dial *#61# the response you get on your screen says "Forwards to +447782333123" and the number didn't accidentally get mis-typed when you set the timer.  If the number doesn't match this then try the setting code again and ensure you put the + sign in the string

**61*+447782333123**15#

Hi -I tried this. Does not work. Smarty help team tell me the time to voicemail cannot be changed on Smarty network. 30 sec wait is too long. Callers are irritated, may have to switch networks unfortunately. 

@ANZ_1762997 Please see my reply of 26 Feb on this thread.

Web support team couldn't get it to work for me...

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

It's a real shame the instructions don't work, particularly as they are shared on SMARTY's own FAQ list. 

@AlecEdworthy Can you please share the link for that? I haven't been able to find it.

AlecEdworthy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Sure @MSF it's https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1463317-setting-up-call-forwarding the route to it is,

Help & Support → Data, calls and texts → Setting up call forwarding

40by25
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I just raised this with the web support team. Here is their reply: "The standard time is of 30 seconds. (...)  this is the standard time and it cannot be changed. This is be default and we won't be able to make any changes in it." So sadly, Smarty does not allow a reduction of the default wait time of 30s before an incoming call is forwarded to voice mail. What a shame.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

May not be ideal but on another note - these few extra seconds would give you more time to pick up the phone incase you're not near it?