Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number not associated with phone

PhoebeW
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

IMG_8269.jpeg

 Hi, I am wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem? I have recently moved from Giffgaff to Smarty and had my number transferred which all went fine, apart from this. I have tried resetting my phone and taking the SIM out several times. I have changed ‘My number’ in setting so that is correct too but I can’t seem to get rid of this. Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PhoebeW
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I had tried that but it didn’t work. However, I have managed to sort it after days of trying! I went to the ‘phone’ part of my settings and although the number showing was correct, I deleted it and re typed it. Then I went back into ‘messages’, turned iMessage off and on and it’s worked! Thank you for your help 🙂 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PhoebeW  When you sign into your Apple ID at iCloud.com, does the phone show alone of your devices?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

.....as one of your devices?

PhoebeW
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi, thank you for your response. I’ve just checked and yes my current iPhone comes up as one of my devices. It shows my correct number as my ‘phone number’ too. 

@PhoebeW  Have you tried signing out of FaceTime and iMessage and then signing back in again? Cannot think of anything else at the minute.

PhoebeW
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I had tried that but it didn’t work. However, I have managed to sort it after days of trying! I went to the ‘phone’ part of my settings and although the number showing was correct, I deleted it and re typed it. Then I went back into ‘messages’, turned iMessage off and on and it’s worked! Thank you for your help 🙂 

@PhoebeW  de nada!