cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not given access to a service

veroniq_1810155
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I keep getting a "sorry, you're not given access to this service" msg when I try and call some numbers. Yesterday I wanted to call my District Council to report a problem in the park but couldn't because I didn't have access to the service. I had to ask someone else to do it for me.  This issue has been happening quite a lot.

Moreover, I cannot call, text or Whatsapp when I'm abroad (in Europe) although I have enough credit and have set up my phone to be used abroad.

I can't see the point of having a phone if I can't place calls.

Is there someone who can help as this is extremely frustrating.  Thanks !

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@veroniq_1810155  Firstly, does your account dashboard show your activated sim and a current Smarty plan?

The numbers you are calling - are they standard 01, 02, or 03 landline or else standard 07 UK mobile?

When in Europe (EU countries) why do you need credit? You should be able to roam as if in the UK for calls and texts and up to 12Gb data for up to 60 days.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@veroniq_1810155 If you have checked my points, then have a web chat with Smarty Support so that they can check your account.

Thanks for responding. 

Yes, my SIM card is activated. I've had that account for almost two years with the same SIM card. The numbers I called were standard nrs, as in   not chargeable. 

I contacted Smarty's costumers' service but they couldn't help at all. They don't seem to know where the problem comes from. They even added some  add-on credit to see if that was the reason but it wasn't. 

I'm able to call my District Council but not the one from a different county  (and I do mean County, not country). This doesn't make any sense especially since these are the numbers they give to the public to call  to report any issues.

very strange.

@veroniq_1810155 I have occasionally experienced a problem with numbers for companies/organisations that use internet telephony. On one occasion I had to wait until the next day and the call went through with no problems.

TrevTyl_1340422
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

Exactly the same problem here as well,

neither my phone or my wifes, both with Smarty can dial 07596 numbers, we get a pre recorded message indicating "we have not been given access to this service"

anybody got any ideas ?

@TrevTyl_1340422  Do you know who the number belongs to?