cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No service on Eurotunnel

Chicky
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've suspected for a number of years that it's just the Three network that doesn't work while under the channel. I can't too that conclusion because I never had service on the way to France but, coming back, I could stay connected to the network I was roaming on.  

Today, I purchased a Tesco Mobile SIM since I can use my full data allowance of 30gb. I found that my Tesco SIM works on the tunnel and, as I suspected, Three just doesn't work. 

Why?

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Chicky Because O2 (for Tesco) provides that service while Three (for Smarty) does not?

Chicky
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Duh! My question is why can other networks provide service and Three, Smarty do not

@Chicky Duh! Probably because Three have not provisioned that service.

If you are asking a question and would like genuine answers, probably best not to try and ridicule people who try to help.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

Money!!! SMARTY provide a basic no thrills kinda service and their prices reflect that.

Duh !

Dont be a completely unlikeable nasty twit !

This is the community forum, none of us here work for Smarty, so if youโ€™re so keen to get an answer, reach out to Smarty directly !

The answer, as you have already been told, is that Smarty provide a no frills basic service. Smarty isnโ€™t even responsible for the network coverage, Three is.

The issue with sarcastic little jokers of people like you is that you buy a Smarty SIM card, attracted by its value for money price, and expect it to perform like a Ferrari, when you have in fact bought a Ford Fiesta !

We have a choice to use the mobile service that best fits our needs, which in your case is obviously not Snarfy !  Do a google search on โ€œthe best network for monosyllabic sarcastic clueless peopleโ€ and see what it suggests !