cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No 5g in spain

GordonB_2415337
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Still unable to get 5g in Spain. What is the problem? Told to connect app to mobile.asm.net. This gives me a 3G connection very occasionally 4g. Someone else on the help got me to do a reset this resulted in no data again. A uk o2 phone next to me is always on 5G never messing about with settings. Is there a solution or should I be looking to change network smarty is so stressful so far

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GordonB_2415337 Firstly, you should check to see what network the O2 phone has connected to in Spain. There are a few available and you may need to put the phone to manual and try each in turn to find the best in that area at that time.

Changing the setting to mob.asm.net  is all about making the phone able to roam and is not concerned with what level of 3,4 or 5G signal you get.

Networks may well restrict UK Roaming customers in favour of their own customers - you can hardly blame them.

In summary, there is no guaranteed watertight solution for anyone, anywhere I believe.

(p.s. don't forget that you are restricted to EU Roaming for up to 60 days)

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@GordonB_2415337  Forgot to mention (and edit won't work for some reason)....probably the only surefire way to get mobile data is to buy either a local sim or an e-sim (if your phone supports it)

Thank you