cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mifi/dongles

JanTemp_2053190
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I am utterly non-technical. My phone is for alls and texts. I have just purchased a Smarty SIM which is to replace my previous suppliers contract.

With my previous supplier I also had a dongle which connected to tablet, laptop and phone. How do I replicate this with Smarty.

Do I need to have my phone permanently hot spotting? or do I need to change my contract?

Any help much appreciated as I cannot find any answers on the website

I will also be in Europe for part of the time so need internet connection whilst nthere

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @JanTemp_2053190  I do think that the easiest way to connect other devices would be by 'hot-spotting". Sounds like you may already have mastered that and so it presumably works for you.

You can also buy wifi routers etc, but would need another sim (and dat only plan) to leave them in that device.

While in the EU, you can use up to 12Gb of your standard plan while roaming - you can purchase a data pass if you think that you will need to use more. - see Price Guide :https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf also bear in mind that you can often access freebie wifi for non  security things.