cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice or receipt

BigDealsNinja
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello, on the smarty website its stated "SMARTY is a mobile service that's just for consumers and is only intended for personal use. We don't offer any business plans, so we can't issue VAT receipts or invoices. If you need a mobile service that you can use in a commercial capacity, you'll need to look at other service providers."

Although Smarty doesn't offer business plans some individuals are required to provide the receipt/invoice to claim back or to provide proof of address etc, other operators like GiffGaff offer the ability to download an invoice in pdf format.

Could smarty do the same?

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@BigDealsNinja You would need to contactvthe company directly, but I can't see them changing things unless there is huge demand.

In general a company only needs to provide VAT receipts to another registered business.

I'm also not sure how you can apportion the VAT on an individual's account between business and private usage given that  it is all-inclusive calls and texts and you cannot say how much data was used on business.

Starb7
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi, I have a similar query.  My employer will pay so much towards my mobile bill if Ic an provide a receipt or invoice.  Has this been made possible yet?  TIA

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Not yet @Starb7

SMARTY services are stated as being for consumers and only intended for personal use, hence it's unlikely SMARTY will ever provide an invoice / receipt for a business expense claim. 

You might need another service provider, if you want to get a monthly bill / invoice / receipt.

No worries, I'll just do a Screen Shot.  Cheers