cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Internet connectivity in Croatia

WalterS_1189014
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

My daughter has the EU data pass as well as unlimited UK data.she could initially connect via WhatsApp and communicate, but it has stopped working. Any ideas on what to try?

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@WalterS_1189014  Has she tried a manual search for networks rather than the auto? Has she checked her Account Dashboard to see what should be available on the account?

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

In addition to @MSF's advice:

• Do you know if she was definitely connected to a mobile network when WhatsApp was working, rather than on WiFi?
  • Has she set her APN setting to 'mob.asm.net', as required for data to work while roaming?
  • Could she have used more than 12GB of data? That's how much you can use without purchasing an add-on while roaming in the EU.
  • You say that she has an EU data pass, but I'm not sure whether you mean she really has purchased one, or you just mean that she can normally use her data in the EU? Just in case it's the latter, Smarty do sell passes that allow you to use your full data allowance (rather than be limited to 12GB) in the EU for 1 day or 3 days, but I'm not sure what these passes do (or if they're even available) if you're on the unlimited plan.. I certainly wouldn't expect that you could unlock unlimited data while roaming.

@SmartyTrousers  The sinformation from the Price Guide p13 is that the EU Data Pass will let you roam without restriction . So, if you have an unlimited plan, it is hard to see what they can restrict you to. That said, the fair usage policy will still be in place if you are using vast amounts of data.