cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot

WendyHa_2146285
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi im trying to hotspot my laptop off my smarty phone data. Its asking for a network security key.  Where do I find this?

2 REPLIES 2

FredPick_357828
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hello and good day WendyHa. Settings/ wireless & networks (has fiive options No5/ More/  Tethered & portable hotspot/ Wi-Fi hotspot/ Set up Wi-Fi hotspot (Gives you the settings you need to find or alter as you choose, for example) Network name (you can change and make your own, this is what will appear on your laptop Wi-Fi Networks)  Password (is the one your looking for and will look like . . . . . . . . . . TickBox below that will say Show Password, your password also can be changed to a more memorable one.  Maybe put a shortcut on your start screen as it is tiresome to get to. I'm using Android OS so hope all goes well. Giddy with anticipation as this is my first attempt at Helping our community.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@WendyHa_2146285  If you look in your phone settings, once you find Personal Hotspot, it should tell you the password that you need to give to anyone you allow to tether to your phone.

On an iPhone, for example, go to Settings>Personal hotspot (just below Mobile Data in the list)