cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello why my number is still in progress?

Abdulka_2334117
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I received a message from smarty that says my phone and number will be ready to use on 13/10/2023  I am really upset I can make a call but I can’t use text message or internet 

What is your problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers. 

As we do not of course have access to your account, you would need to go back to Smarty via webchat to rectify whatever the problem may be.

Did you request a PAC code to transfer your number, or a STAC code, which terminates your old number ?

Even if you requested a PAC code, the number transfer may not happen until next week, depending on when you gave Smarty your PAC code, as number porting does not happen on weekends, only between Monday to Friday.

If you give your new network your PAC code between 09.00 - 17.00 on a weekday, your number will transfer within 1 or 2 business days.

If you give your new network your PAC code after 17.00, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code the following working day. 

For example, give your new network your PAC code at 19.00 hours on a Friday evening, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code on a Monday. 

Remember, numbers do not port at weekends, only during the working week, Monday to Friday.

PAC code : Porting Authority Code, which transfers your number between your old and new networks. 

STAC Code : Service Termination Authority Code, which terminates your old number and gives you a brand new number on your new network.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is the Smarty community forum, populated by Smarty customers. 

As we do not of course have access to your account, you would need to go back to Smarty via webchat to rectify whatever the problem may be.

Did you request a PAC code to transfer your number, or a STAC code, which terminates your old number ?

Even if you requested a PAC code, the number transfer may not happen until next week, depending on when you gave Smarty your PAC code, as number porting does not happen on weekends, only between Monday to Friday.

If you give your new network your PAC code between 09.00 - 17.00 on a weekday, your number will transfer within 1 or 2 business days.

If you give your new network your PAC code after 17.00, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code the following working day. 

For example, give your new network your PAC code at 19.00 hours on a Friday evening, you are deemed to have given them the PAC code on a Monday. 

Remember, numbers do not port at weekends, only during the working week, Monday to Friday.

PAC code : Porting Authority Code, which transfers your number between your old and new networks. 

STAC Code : Service Termination Authority Code, which terminates your old number and gives you a brand new number on your new network.