cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Group member payments changeover

PaulCla_2764970
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've just signed up for Smarty and would now like to refer a family member (for us both to get the rewards). They would be signing up with their own details including payment type etc. At a later date, I would like to add them to a new group whereby I am the admin.

What happens to their payment method as I would be responsible for the payments according to Smarty? For example, would they have to cancel their payment method and let me take over payments from my bank account? If not then it seems odd that I would control payments from their bank/debit card etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply but I'd already read that and it didn't quite answer my question. I'll close this for now and just see how the process pans out. Just found it odd that I seem to be the only person who's asked the question for now, albeit it's quite specific!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PaulCla_2764970  You would not be controlling payments from their payment source - you would use yours.

Okay thanks, so they would have to cancel their direct debit/PayPal etc. once they're a group member?

Thanks for the reply but I'd already read that and it didn't quite answer my question. I'll close this for now and just see how the process pans out. Just found it odd that I seem to be the only person who's asked the question for now, albeit it's quite specific!

@PaulCla_2764970  I thought it seemed quite specific.

Group owners can:

• make payments and manage all payment details

Things to bear in mind

• Group members wonโ€™t have access to any payment related actions, such as buying add-ons or changing plans.