cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full 5 bars 4g signal but internet terrible

CHARALA_2824043
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have checked network but it says perfect with no issues. I live in Chelmsford Essex and work near Stansted 2 totally different areas . Both have almost no internet although my signal shows four five bars with 4G. This has been going on for almost a week now and I have left it to see if it would be sorted unfortunately it's the same. If anybody could find out what's going on And why this is happening I would appreciate it. I've done all the obvious checks on the phone and restarted, But no difference. My phone has two sims and I have a giffgaff as my secondary sim which works flawlessly... Smarty also worked flawlessly up until about a week ago when this happened. I would appreciate some advice and help on this issue as soon as possible.. many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@CHARALA_2824043  A web chat with Smarty Support may give you more information on specific local issues I think. Between those two places you re 'out in the sticks' a bit and so signal can well drop.

Hi and thanks for the reply, had a brilliant signal for a few months since joining Smarty, I was so impressed I bought a second card for the car GPS and both were lovely but about a week ago they both seemed to have lost signals.  I thought perhaps something has gone down in both areas, but no reports of anything unusual, as far as they are concenred it is all working fine.

@CHARALA_2824043  I have absolutely no evidence, but can't help wondering if the 3G turn off has destabilised everything.

hmm could be, but as I say both sims were working lovely for a few months (one in my phone and the second in the car GPS) and then.....****  something has definitely changed and it's aweful.

@CHARALA_2824043  3G turn off only started very recently.

makes sense.

I don't understand why my signal strength shows full 5 bars saying 4G and yet the internet is pants.

CHARALA_2824043
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Anyone esle having this issue or am I the only one ?