Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Giff GAff to Smarty

AboveAndBeyond
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi all, 

New Member here currently on GG testing out smarty because GG in my area and the next major town is rubbish. hoping that Smarty is going to perform better then 98kbs so far I am really happy..

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @AboveAndBeyond and welcome to Smarty.

I used to be a GG customer (yes, customer, even though they liked to call you a member - you weren't). Service seems better and my signal locally is certainly as good with Smarty. Thus far, the Community forum seems better in that there are not lots of people having rants that require words to redacted.

Hope it works well for you.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I guess giffgaff and SMARTY are similar in being a no-frills alternative to their parent mobile networks (O2 and Three UK respectively).

I've used giffgaff previously @AboveAndBeyond, but switched because giffgaff don't offer their customers a Wi-Fi Calling service. I rely on WiFi Calling at home living in a mobile not-spot. Away from home, I haven't noticed much difference between the O2 and Three UK mobile networks. 

You'll need a 4G capable handset with SMARTY from 2025 onwards, because Three UK are currently switching off their 3G mobile network, with this work scheduled for completion by the end of 2024.