cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working at all

AGlitteringJoke
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’m new to smarty, just put my sim in after waiting days for my number to transfer. All details are up to date (I’ve changed my mobile data settings like the post says to do once joining). When I put data on and turn off WiFi the top of my status bar is blank and doesn’t show any connection whatsoever. Not even an ‘E’ to indicate data is on but not connected. I have an iPhone 12

2 REPLIES 2

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey 😎

If you're experiencing issues with data connectivity on your SMARTY SIM in your iPhone 12, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Data Settings:

• Ensure that your mobile data is turned on. You can find this in the "Settings" app under "Cellular" or "Mobile Data."
  2. Restart Your Phone:

• Sometimes, simply restarting your iPhone can help resolve connectivity issues. Turn it off, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  3. Check Network Coverage:

• Check that you are in an area with network coverage. Poor signal strength can affect data connectivity: Coverage checker | SMARTY
  4. Airplane Mode:

• Turn on Airplane Mode for a few seconds and then turn it off. This can sometimes help reestablish a connection.
  5. Update Carrier Settings:

• Make sure your iPhone has the latest carrier settings. You can check for updates in the "Settings" app under "General" > "About."
  6. Reset Network Settings:

• Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." This will delete saved Wi-Fi passwords and other network settings, so be prepared to re-enter them.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, please get in touch with our team: Contact us - FAQ | SMARTY and will be the most helpful in diagnosing and resolving the problem, especially since you've just joined and are experiencing difficulties with your data connection.

Thank you for this detailed answer. My data seems to work when I am outside the house so I think I may not have connectivity inside the house, despite the fact that the network coverage map states that I should have connectivity.