cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data doesn't work despite a full 5G signal

LauraC92
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hey I'm a new smarty user, and have a 60GB data plan which is beibg used on an s23. My number has been ported from 02 just over a week ago and I'm able to send and receive calls and texts fine but have not yet managed to use data at all, even when my phone is showing a full 5g signal. Anyone know why this might be? I've tried restarting my phone switching on and off data and switching on and off airplane mode all of which worked on o2. Any help would be much appreciated 😊

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hi @LauraC92 . Have you checked this article for correct settings?;  https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1155220-using-the-internet-after-you-ve-joined-smarty

LauraC92
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have looked into the setting these are all already there under the name smarty, I have re-inputted under the name 3 and it still doesn't work 

Hello @LauraC92 .Can you try the sim in another phone? All other settings definitely correct?

LauraC92
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have tried in a second phone (my Dad who has a smarty sim that works) it still don't have data (I'm am currently in an area with a poor 4g signal, but his usually works outdoors)

Hi @LauraC92 . Can you check your dashboard to see that you do actually have data available left on your plan?

If you do, then I wonder if there is a problem with the sim. Perhaps remove and gently clean and then replace in the phone.

If that doesn't work, I wonder whether a replacement sim will crack the problem.