cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damian

Damian002
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I would like to remove the parental internet blocker something like this pattern

I want used every web site 

please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @Damian002

We think that it’s important to protect younger mobile phone users from accessing potentially inappropriate content on the internet. 🔞 Our network has strong filters that are automatically applied to all SMARTY SIMs.

How can I turn off the adult content filter? 

If you’d like to turn off the adult content filter, you’ll need a valid credit card (not a debit card) to verify you're over 18, which we validate by taking a £1 transaction and immediately refunding it.

Or, via our app: Select You > Account Settings > Content and device settings

Don't own a credit card? 💳

If you don't a credit card, don't worry. Please get in touch with us via web chat where we'll just need to confirm you're over 18 through receipt of valid photo ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence.

Web chat is available 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. Just look for the green chat icon 👇

FAQ's

How can I put the filter back on?

If you ever want to block adult content on your phone again, simply head back to your dashboard or our SMARTY App and turn the filter back on.

How long will it take to turn off/on?

Whether you’re turning the filter on or off, it’ll take a few minutes for your SIM to get updated. If your change hasn’t gone through after 15 minutes, try restarting your device.

A website is being wrongly filtered?

If you think we're blocking a site we shouldn't be, or something's not blocked when it should be, get in touch with us so we can sort it.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

George
SMARTY Moderator

Hey @Damian002

We think that it’s important to protect younger mobile phone users from accessing potentially inappropriate content on the internet. 🔞 Our network has strong filters that are automatically applied to all SMARTY SIMs.

How can I turn off the adult content filter? 

If you’d like to turn off the adult content filter, you’ll need a valid credit card (not a debit card) to verify you're over 18, which we validate by taking a £1 transaction and immediately refunding it.

Or, via our app: Select You > Account Settings > Content and device settings

Don't own a credit card? 💳

If you don't a credit card, don't worry. Please get in touch with us via web chat where we'll just need to confirm you're over 18 through receipt of valid photo ID such as a Passport or Driving Licence.

Web chat is available 8am-8pm, 7 days a week. Just look for the green chat icon 👇

FAQ's

How can I put the filter back on?

If you ever want to block adult content on your phone again, simply head back to your dashboard or our SMARTY App and turn the filter back on.

How long will it take to turn off/on?

Whether you’re turning the filter on or off, it’ll take a few minutes for your SIM to get updated. If your change hasn’t gone through after 15 minutes, try restarting your device.

A website is being wrongly filtered?

If you think we're blocking a site we shouldn't be, or something's not blocked when it should be, get in touch with us so we can sort it.

Hope this helps!

Ben_
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Is there a way to remove restriction on Group SIMs? Changing the setting seems to only apply to the owner SIM and when trying to change for other the settings page doesn’t show on either the website or app.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator

Hey Ben

Group members will have limited access to change settings

Group owners can:

• make payments and manage all payment details
  • see the plan, usage, and call history starting from the day the account was added to the Group
  • change plan and purchase add-ons
  • change personal, contact, and adult content settings
  • transfer a phone number
  • request a replacement SIM
  • request a PAC or STAC code
  • pause or cancel the service
  • remove any member from the Group
  • add additional SIMs to the Group, up to a total of 8
  • receive all service notifications by email

Group members with view-only access can:

• see their own plan, usage, and call history
  • edit their own personal details